New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from Charleston, SC!
I am new to the world of aluminum boats, but have actually built an aluminum aircraft and am hoping some of the skills will transfer over from airplanes to boats. We live on a freshwater lake and are looking into doing a restoration project if we can find the right boat. I look forward to learning from this talent base as we dip our toes into this project.

Hello from North Pole Alaska
We have a abundance of rivers and small streams to Moose hunt from using my 19’ Grumman Canoe. This is me downloading my canoe to go up Wood River to moose hunt .

Attachments

• D42F71FB-2957-41F4-B49B-6CE0821A95E9.jpeg
    D42F71FB-2957-41F4-B49B-6CE0821A95E9.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 786
In a month I’ll be 74, God willing and the creeks don’t rise, and yesterday I bought the first boat in those 74 years. It’s a 10’ aluminum flat-bottom skiff that I think will be a good fishing boat in the small lakes near Forest Lakes, AZ where I live much of the year. The fish will likely have no more reason to fear for their safety than they ever have, but I’m hoping to enjoy the mobility anyway. It’s an old craft and it once had seats, but they are long gone, so I would like to replace the two of them. There are holes in the fixed seats where pivoting seats were once mounted. I welcome suggestions as to where I might pick up a couple of serviceable seats relatively close to Phoenix, AZ. Thank you.

Russell

Hi All,
New to the board although I have used it for info in the past a bit. I finally picked up a 13'8" AT which I am working on to get worthy for water short term and long term to properly restore. I already have a nice 1955 Evinrude 5.5hp that is restored properly and runs great to go with it so Winter should be interesting in the garage as we work on it!

I am a professional outdoorsman (Trapper) in Northern New England/New Hampshire, and so my AT will get used quite a bit... actually, we will put it to use on a job as soon as we get it on the water and checked out. My 16 year old son and I both share a love of older stuff so the boat was a perfect fit following the motor we stumbled across and got fixed up with.

Looking forward to hanging out a bit and learning... I don't like folks on my lawn so I guess the term old-fart fits me as well...

Hello Glad I joined the forum. I'm restoring my grandfathers 12ft Featherlight alluminum boat. Transom was rotten and I would like to put down a deck to strip my line on. Thanks for having me!

Attachments

• 20211030_132853.jpg
    20211030_132853.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 671
  • 20211103_203628.jpg
    20211103_203628.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 671
Howdy from southeast Tejas. I’m in the process of purchasing my first tin boat, a 14’ 2017 Alumacraft. Had a fiberglass model (Ranger 680t) since 1990 and I currently also have 4 kayaks and a bunch of float tubes. Took early retirement earlier this year and now work for myself so I have a much freer schedule to play around with and most importantly, fish as much as humanly possible. I live right near the Colorado River, so I’ll be using my new rig there a lot. But also on the coastal marshes and smaller lakes. I fly fish whenever possible, but also throw big swimbaits and other lures. I especially love frogs and my homebrew jigs for bass. I’ll post a report of the maiden voyage of my new used boat as soon as I pick it up and my Mrs. and I get it out on the river.

Good day to all from North Idaho. I’m rehabbing a 16’ Lund laker, I’ve seen a lot of good ideas on the website. Lakes all around me to fish and excited to get started.
Merry Christmas and happy new year

Hello all! I am currently living in TN and have just picked back up fishing after a long break from it. :p I've recently aquired a 1999 bass tracker pro team 175 that I am In the process of restoring and hopefully with some help will have her back on the water by spring! I am excited to read and maybe talk to some of you about going through the process as this is my first boat project!

Hi All!

I’ve been lurking for awhile and finally joined up! I’m in Old Saybrook, Ct and have been kayak fishing some of the local ponds, but have been thinking about another tin boat like I used on the reservoirs back home. Lots of really great info and ideas here, thanks!

Glad to find ya'll

I'm happy to finally take the plunge and sign up for this. I have been snooping these forums for some time now. I'm an almost 40 vet that some how managed to pass engineering school through shear determination and maybe borrowing other peoples answers during test time :shock: Having said that, I never took a class on "how to build a stump thumpin river boat" and I really appreciate all the info I have learned from ya'lls hands on knowledge. You'll find me lurking in the jetjon forums mostly. Please excuse some of my silly questions. sometimes I can be purty smart but I have a tendency to be a burnt light bulb in a pack of crayons :lol:
I'm a respectful, loving kinda guy so if I ever come off cross, It's my keyboard social skills and not my intentions #-o
I have 5 kids, a beautiful wife, and some redneck tendencies that just wont go away!
I'm new to the southern Illinois area so if anyone wants to go fishin, send me a pm! uhh lets wait till this snow melts first though.
Having said that, Lets get the welder and make something we can fish out of!

Latest posts