Jet boat build.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob_esper

Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster. . .
Figured I'd share some pics of my new build as it's taking shape.
I live in middle Tn and fish our local tailwaters for trout and bass, a few years ago i built this 1760 with 1/4" UHMW and a 90/65 yamaha to run up and down our rivers. After putting a couple seasons on the boat I've decided it's a little bigger than I really would like and I'd like something a little more forgiving for the occasional lake trips or trips to the ocean.

Here is my current boat.
sled-2.jpg
sled.jpg

It's served me well but I'm always wanting to build something new.

Here's some progress on the new boat
B-2.JPG
B-3.JPG
B-1.jpg
b-4.jpg
B-5.jpg
B-6.jpg
B-7.jpg

It's going to be another tunnel hull, but this time it's going to be a 1656 with a little shorter sides, a mod v front, and a delta pad. Also going with 3/8" UHMW this time around.

Welcome Bob. Weren't you on Bowfishing Country.com? Tell where you got your aluminum components from also in case anyone wants to try their hand at a build.

I was, just now got mostly out of bowfishing after 10 years or so of it consuming my life lol. I still do alot of work on bowfishing boats though. All my metal i sourced through Bayou Metal Supply in Slidell LA, it was a bit cheaper and 2 hours closer than Peirce Aluminum that I usually go to.

This is basically where i'm at with it now. Gotta put nuts on the inside on all the bolts and then it's time to flip her back over and start on the gas tank and then decking/storage. The runners and seams have all been welded up. don't have a picture of that though lol.

B-21.jpgB-22.jpgB-23.jpgB-25.jpgB-27.jpgB-32.jpgB-33.jpg

Looking good, similar to my Lowe 1652 jet tunnel hull. I should look around for some jet sprint boat plans and see if you want to put one of those together! :D

Very nice work! 8)

As far as picture rotation, I would get that same problem with photos from the phone, even when they looked good on the laptop. If I open them in an editor on the laptop, rotated them four times, and saved, they display fine.

eeshaw said:
Looking good Bob. What you going to use to power it?

90/65 yamaha tiller.

Got my gauge/switch panel put in last night. i had a similar on one my current boat and loved it. Decided to add another gauge and a couple more things on this one and went ahead and had it waterjetted out.

B-51.jpg

The two tanks in the last pic, are those bait tanks? I ask because around here we use tanks that are more cylindrical for keeping shad versus the square or rectangular configurations.

eeshaw said:
The two tanks in the last pic, are those bait tanks? I ask because around here we use tanks that are more cylindrical for keeping shad versus the square or rectangular configurations.

One is a bait/livewell tank. The other is storage. I made the bait tank oval to help keep fish alive and decided to just make the two match. Got the boat out on the water with the whole family. She ran out at 32.5 with zero tuning done. I've got a few things in mind to squeeze a little more speed out of her. Overall she did great though, turned really well and rode much better than my current flat bottom boat. Had a nice 30 mph 3/4 throttle cruise.

Latest posts