RAIN!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got a little over half an inch at the house. 25% chance for more tomorrow (fingers crossed). Sunny on Thursday -- sounds like a good day to hit the lake!

I would say about 75% of the lawns around here are dead at this point. A lot of folks have pulled out the lawn and replaced with drought tolerant stuff. We switched over to artificial turf about 8 years ago, so no mowing or fertilizing for me!

We are finally getting some decent rain here, though we are still about 50% of "seasonal normal". We have been having some big rainstorms and rain is projected for the next 10 days or so. I read somewhere that once the ground is saturated, the lake I've been using will rise one foot for every Inch of rain. Hopefully the ramp will be further submerged after these storms.

There is another lake that I have not been to in almost a year because the water level was so low. That one looks like it is already up 6' this month.

Don't want flooding, but go rain go!

Well, too much of a good thing. Storm knocked out our elect grid. We were in the dark for more than 30 hours from Saturday afternoon to about an hour ago. We were able to pull off a big New Years celebration and my 71st B-day party last night because everyone brought their battery operated camp lanterns. Young folk thought it was a romantic atmosphere. Haha.

Well, too much of a good thing. Storm knocked out our elect grid. We were in the dark for more than 30 hours from Saturday afternoon to about an hour ago. We were able to pull off a big New Years celebration and my 71st B-day party last night because everyone brought their battery operated camp lanterns. Young folk thought it was a romantic atmosphere. Haha.
Happy Birthday, eh! Good on ya for making the big 71. Lots more to come I'm sure.

Happy Belated Birthday! I was born on 1/1 also!!

Supposed to rain all day and into tomorrow morning. Might get 1/4 to 1/2". Last time I saw rain was a couple of days last April.

Synched the boat cover yesterday. Smells good outside.
Man LDUB, we're up to 6 inches today alone. I've never seen it like this and I moved here from Hi in '75. Plus, triple overhead swell from the storm that's causing it. I may have to get that tin boat out and supplied for evac:)

Man LDUB, we're up to 6 inches today alone. I've never seen it like this and I moved here from Hi in '75. Plus, triple overhead swell from the storm that's causing it. I may have to get that tin boat out and supplied for evac:)

We had about 2" here in the past 24 hours. I can't imagine 6 inches all at once. Stay safe.

My post that you quoted was from Sept '22. We had very little YTD rain then. With the current storms, my area has seen a total of about 17 inches. Looks like it will be raining for 9 out of the next 10 days. Crazy.

I read we need 2 or 3 more big storms between now and March to get the reservoirs full. I hope that happens but not all at once.

Latest posts