Which would you get and why>? Bait Caster..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RearFanged

Reaction score
I don't torney fish (maybe someday) and I don't buy crap. So I'm looking middle of the road. Bass pro has 2 rod/real combo's on sale. Would you go with the Daiwa® Viento® Baitcast OR THE Shimano® Curado® D. I'm leaning towards the Shimano 200dbv. I will mainly be bass fishing but lately I've had a hunger for some salt/brackish water big game. Only a $10 difference between the 2. What do you think>?

John

Either one will work, I personally think the Viento switch is a gimmick with one more thing to go wrong. I used to own one. The Shimano Cuardo has proven itself over time with legendary smoothness, and reliability.

Go with the Shimano. IMO

Supposedly the viento is one of the WORST cating reels out there. So go with the curado, many people would rather trade a G. Loomis than lose their curado (well, may be an over exaguration). Flat and simple, Shimano's are supposed to be the best reels out there! I want to get a Citica this Christmas.

SMDave said:
Supposedly the viento is one of the WORST cating reels out there. So go with the curado, many people would rather trade a G. Loomis than lose their curado (well, may be an over exaguration). Flat and simple, Shimano's are supposed to be the best reels out there! I want to get a Citica this Christmas.

The Viento actually casted pretty good, for the 1/2 ounce and higher stuff. I got it to try the twitching feature and never used it.

I have 4 Shimano and 1 Abu casting reel(STX), the Abu has magnetic brakes but I think I prefer the centrifugal brakes on the Shimanos. I have 3 Curados, a 201b-a 101b, and a 101d. All of them are great reels, smooth casting and easy to maintain.

Well I went with the Shimano! It's a bigger reel and I really liked the oversized handles. Very smooth I can't wait to get this sucker on the water. The combo came with Bass Pro Shops Pro Qualifer rod. I went with Medium Heavy as I plan to do some inshore with it as well (Dieing to catch some snook and tarpin!!!). Also picked up some storm swimmer bait and a salt water spook. For line I went with P line and I also purchased 25lb floro for liters. I can't wait till christmas which is going to be a LONG wait now!!! Only plus size is this should give me plenty of time to start looking for some nice brackish water canals.

John

I have the Japanese version of the Viento, which means it was an overpriced Viento with a different paint and handle, and a sissy drag :)

It's one of the best casting reels I own, I toss weightless senkos with it, and other weightless plastics.

the curado is the best choice, I have two myself and love them. I have also went to revos, they are also sweet, they will cast a small bait a country mile with little effort.

I like Shimano but I got rid of my Curado SF and replaced it with a REVO. Since then, I've bought 4 more REVOS. I use REVOs for just about everything. I highly recommend them. Smooth, reliable, built tough, and casts a country mile.

Latest posts