Front Deck Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all. Great forum you have here. I have been looking around a little picking up ideas for my MV1448 Sea Arc I would like to modify. Great job pbw looks profesional.

Dave

Hey pbw! Your last message was in April!! :shock:

I'm dying to know how well your boat did this summer! :D

You do excellence work, and I enjoyed viewing the many great photos!

Old Bill said:
Hey pbw! Your last message was in April!! :shock:

I'm dying to know how well your boat did this summer! :D

You do excellence work, and I enjoyed viewing the many great photos!

Its been doing good, I've had it out maybe a 12 times. Been working on my 5 hp b&s, which I'll post about soon to help people out who have bought them(fyi dont change the exhaust and change the stock pull cord). The boat is good tweaked some items and need to make a follow up post. Right now the trailer is killing me, harbor freight trailer FTL.

PBW, I want to thank you so much for all your work. I'm doing one right now, and pretty well using you as a guide to do it. Those Strong's ties have been a lifesaver! I'll post pics asap, I'm only planning on doing 3 rows of support instead of four, and I'm doing my rear deck a little different. I think I should still have enough support though. I also got my carpet from lowes.

baptistpreach said:
PBW, I want to thank you so much for all your work. I'm doing one right now, and pretty well using you as a guide to do it. Those Strong's ties have been a lifesaver! I'll post pics asap, I'm only planning on doing 3 rows of support instead of four, and I'm doing my rear deck a little different. I think I should still have enough support though. I also got my carpet from lowes.

Nice..... Where are you located at?

PBW,

I was wondering about your deck installation, tonight I'm planning on finishing cutting the front deck or at least getting a cardboard template to jigsaw it for a perfect fit. Did you carpet before installing the deck or did you install the deck then carpet? Also, how did you get the deck to attach? Seems like if I screw the deck down to the supports, then glue then carpet, the deck will be pretty "permanently" installed. Thanks, I've been wondering about this one, and hopefully soon, I should be there so I appreciate all your help!

So did you just drill screws in the deck to the supports and glue later? I was wondering if there was a good way to install carpet first, then install the deck. I finally cut my deck for the front out, it wasn't nearly as tight as I wanted, but you live and learn. I guess its inevitable to make some mistakes seeing this is the first time I've ever worked with wood. :?

My Tracker carpet is glued to the boards (with several inches of carpet overlapped on the back) and then screwed to the mounting bracket with flat head screws. Even with the short nap of the carpet you can't see the screwheads. From what I've read from guys that have done some previous mods, you need to take in account the carpet thickness when installing hatches in the decked area. You'll have to cut the hatch covers smaller to allow for the carpet.

baptistpreach said:
So did you just drill screws in the deck to the supports and glue later? I was wondering if there was a good way to install carpet first, then install the deck. I finally cut my deck for the front out, it wasn't nearly as tight as I wanted, but you live and learn. I guess its inevitable to make some mistakes seeing this is the first time I've ever worked with wood. :?

Yes I screwed the wood deck down to ribs. Then later put down glue and carpet. If its your first time next time will only be better.

sweet lookin ride!!!

I got a 14 ft 60ish (forget year) jon That I built a deck on and fixing to redo this year. Was a temp/permant thing, Like it but was a temp trial.

Why did you slope the floor to the front? (noone else notice that?)

What paint did you use? I put on bedliner on the bottom of mine after sandin and primer and it is coming off already.

with everything in it and you how low does it sit?? I did my deck (smaller) out of 2x4 and 3/4 both green wood. mine sits about level with the center side rail.

i run my wires thru the sides in that center rail. Mine was 4 or 6 guage 4 wire in 1 sheith. 2 hots and 1 ground with extra wire for added use. My trolling motor plug has a origional Stay N Charge attached to it so that I can charge my 2 deep cycle TM bats while driving. (https://www.stayncharge.com) On the front I have a Endura 40 lb thrust TM... I didnt do any seats as I am accustomed to standing but when I redo it I will this time.

normal_IMG_16481618resize.JPG

normal_DSC_00031692resize.JPG

heres where i noticed it if you look at the top edge (gunnel?) then towards the font it slopes down. Is it really a tropical dillusion??? I thought it might a been made this way for a reason. Looks like it drops to just barely below the front deck (the alum one)

Latest posts