Today we built a trailer. Done 3-15-2009

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I haven't abandoned this all together. This time of the year free time is at a premium. I have been hit and miss building the brackets for the side guides and I finally finished them last night now I just need to weld the to the trailer. The boat can come back off at that point and I can get on with painting and wiring it. So I might have an update with pics tonight after the wife gets back from yet another shopping trip. #-o

Finally I have over come building the stupid guide ons. I know I have over complicated these things but I built them the way I had them in my head. and finally I finished welding them on and attached the boards.

Photos of course.

Arms/ uprights, whatever you want to call them. I took forever building these stupid things, I don't know why, but I did.

PC200063%20copy.jpg

Welded on and all finished up. I hope they have enough clearance once they are carpeted.

PC260071%20copy.jpg

PC260073%20copy.jpg

Can you say 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag? Its supposed to rain a butt load tonight and I just didn't have the energy to tarp it back down and I didn't want to leave the Jeep out. I had no idea it would all fit until tonight. :-k

PC260075%20copy.jpg

The uprights look great, and I don't think you'll have any problem with them flexing. 8) . Also, nice big building you have there, but I feel the need to point something out, and that would be that the Flag hanging on the back wall is backwards. Stars go on the left side. :wink: :USA1:

Thanks for the flag etiquette (I mean the sincerly). I always do that, it will be changed today.

Shop is 30'x30' and still isn't big enough, and its also on its second life already. This happened 3 years ago.

Shop%20Damage%2013.jpg

Made me ill before I saw it. The wife and I were out of town, my Mom called when she took my kids to the house. I puked just from hearing it. There is a ton more to this story maybe I'll post it in the watering hole.

OK the boat slid right off no problem so here it is, pretty well finished on the construction stage. Still lots of finish stuff but the biggest part is done now.

PC270072%20copy.jpg

PC270073%20copy.jpg

Nice work.looks great.Now let's talk about paint.I vote for hot pink with purple bunk carpet. :LMFAO: Just kidding,but I am interested in what you may paint/coat the trailer with.

What an excellent trailer! Just curious if you're building that for that giant flatbottom? How long/wide is that thing? Looks like a keeper for sure. I've been eyeing one similar that's fairly close to my house, but has no sign on it. Regardless, I'd love to have one. I'd definately turn it into a center console and set it up for guiding. Can't wait to see it all complete.

Yes its for the 18 footer. And as far wanting to see it finished, that makes 2 of us. I am very tired of working on the trailer already. I want to get started on the inside of the boat.

Well its minor but I made some progress tonight. I got the side guides carpeted. Turned out pretty nice if I do say so myself. I actually enjoyed doing this.

PC290107.jpg

PC290108%20copy.jpg

PC290109%20copy.jpg

Nice work on the carpet! The fit of the corners looks real professional and better than the factory carpet job on the guide-ons that came with my trailer. Did you glue the carpet and then staple?

Is that Lowes carpet? Are you going to be putting the same stuff on the bottom bunks? Lets just say the Lowes carpet hasn't even pretended to last on the bottom bunks on my rig, which will probably be a bit lighter than yours.

Latest posts