1968 14ft Richline semi v...starting the rebuild on pg 4

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RStewart

Reaction score
Well a friend and I got started on the boat today. We got the front platform all framed and cut the main piece of plywood for the platform. We also framed the seat mounts. Then the rest of the time was spent planning the rest of the conversion. We probably went overkill on the bracing for the platform, but it is stout. Here is some pics.

Attachments

• platform.jpg
    platform.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 19,820
  • platform bracing 4.jpg
    platform bracing 4.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 19,817
  • platform bracing 3.jpg
    platform bracing 3.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 19,821
  • platform and front seat bracing.jpg
    platform and front seat bracing.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 19,821
  • platform and seat bracing 2.jpg
    platform and seat bracing 2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 19,820
  • platform bracing 2.jpg
    platform bracing 2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 19,826
  • platform bracing 1.jpg
    platform bracing 1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 19,825
the framing looks good - better to overkill than not have enough and find out too late, like on the water.

Are you going to cut out some of that platform and use underneath for storage? you've got a lot of room under there to leave the area around your feet clear of clutter

russ010 said:
the framing looks good - better to overkill than not have enough and find out too late, like on the water.

Are you going to cut out some of that platform and use underneath for storage? you've got a lot of room under there to leave the area around your feet clear of clutter

Yeah. the platform will have two compartments under it. The floor will also have 2 or 3 shallow compartments in it.

Attachments

• platform bracing 2.jpg
    platform bracing 2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 19,766
Got a little more work done today. I plan on more storage under the floor. All wood is stained and ready for carpet. The rear platform will extend out to where the floor stops. Here some pics.

Attachments

• front platform and floor.jpg
    front platform and floor.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 19,759
  • floor and front platform 1.jpg
    floor and front platform 1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 19,755
  • floor and front platform 2.jpg
    floor and front platform 2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 19,755
  • floor.jpg
    floor.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 19,758
  • floor support.jpg
    floor support.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 19,757
  • front compartments.jpg
    front compartments.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 19,763
Thanks for the kind words. I really got ahead of myself here. I originally planned to get a couple 2x4s and just make some seat mount supports and start using the boat. I went ahead and got all the wood to do the entire mod and almost have that part of the mod complete and realized, I need to paint and seal (steelflex or gluv-it) the boat, then rewire the boat and then attach the wood. Boat is easier to flip upside down without all the wood in there. So, with that being said, what kind of "local" stores carry gluv-it? I think it will be easier to use gluv-it on all the seams and then just paint the boat instead of covering the boat with steelflex. Anyone agree or disagree?

Lookin good Stew. I have a 14 footer v bottom and i was planning on building a deck and cutting out the middle console too. I cant wait to see the final product. Im gonna start on mine hopefully this week and I'll be posting my progress as well.

Thanks Cap! I've been visiting this forum since last year when I stumbled across it looking for modified jons. I love this site. So many cool mods here. Its like a aluminum boaters heaven. Haha

Well its been a while since I have been able to do anything. I 've been getting ready for tourney fishing with my bro-in-law. I decided it was time to get back with the program though. I got some the "proper supplies" and painted the inside of the boat yesterday. Today I'm going to BPS to get my seats and the seat bases to mount them. Carpet and wiring and then attaching the decks is all I have left for the inside. I will be ordering the steelflex for the outside. Here are the pics of the painted inside. You will notice on the sides, I didnt paint all the way down. That will be covered by carpeted plywood. I only painted what can be seen.

Attachments

• 100_0928 1.jpg
    100_0928 1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 5,772
  • 100_0929 2.jpg
    100_0929 2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 5,776
I really like your layout. Nice job on the color inside too. Keep it up, I'm hoping we'll be fishing from each other's boat some time!

Thanks. Yes we will have to get together & fish. I hope to have the boat finished by the end of april. Kind of sucks only being able to work on it on the weekends.

well just a little update. i will post some pics later. im almost finished with the carpeting. i ordered my steelflex and it will be here this week. so tomorrow i plan on flipping the boat upside down and doing the prep work for the steelflex that way i can aplly it next weekend.

Latest posts