Today we built a trailer. Done 3-15-2009

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MikeA57 said:
Let me know how those bearing seals work for you.

I put the cups on with the bearings and I see no reason why they won't work the way they should. Just make sure you get the ones that fit your hub. You can order direct from them here but I bought mine on ebay from a marine store. Do search on ebay for them and several will come up. They were the best priced and shipping. I think mine were $11 shipped.

Hanr3 said:
Trailer looks good. Your doing great work. I did notice the Super Swampers and Buggy in the background.

Swampers are for my Jeep.

PA130045.jpg

Sisk4-crop.jpg

And the Buggy is an on road/ dragstrip toy. I have way too many projects. Most of them have been neglected for the last couple of years. The Jeep becomes the daily in late spring.

I had 44 inch Radial TSL 3 stage lug Super Swampers on my 72 F100.I had 35 inch Mudders by General on my Baja Bug and rail buggy.I rand 33 inch Mudders by General on my Jeep CJ5.

Oh, not another Heep fan. :mrgreen:

I had to get rid of my '87 S10-Blazer toy. I managed to sqeeze some 33" Cooper STT under her. Already got the boss's blessing on modin out the '00 S10-Blazer, just need the cash. This time am going solid axle swap and V8.

This fishing thing really cuts into the mod time and budget. :mrgreen:

Love my Heep. The buggy I have had for some 18 years now. The Jeep is pretty much a dormant project that has been driven (alot) as is for the last couple of years I put a used set of truxuss 33s on it to save on the swampers.

Its just 1641 with stock heads on it and a 110 Cam but its been 9.50s @ 69mph (last March) in the 1/8th with my tub in it. Not bad for a tired little motor (read beaten like a rented mule) that has been together for some 15 years.

Finally its painted! =D> Its been along day. I am worn out. Primed with rattle cans and painted with foam brushes/ rollers. Lot of work but I am proud of the outcome. I used etching primer from Wally World, and painted with Rustolium black hammered. Anyway here are the results. I'm very happy with it, I hope to wire it and get close to closing out this part of the project this week.

P3070132%20copy.jpg

P3070131%20copy.jpg

P3070129.jpg

That looks awesome. Great Work!!!!!

I wanted to thank you for bringing up the 12" diameter tires. I have the 8" on my trailer now and I found a source (Menards) for the 12". Did some measuring and they should fit without modifying anything on the trailer. I figure the bigger tire will help the bearings live longer on longer road trips.

Looks great.

How many coats of the hammered did you put on?

Thought I'd throw up a few more pics. Got all of the bunk boards put on and the fenders painted today. I hate to toot my own horn but this thing is looking sweet. I'd be jealous if it wasn't already mine. :mrgreen:

These fenders prob should have been put in the scrap pile but with this textured paint they look great.

P3080135%20copy.jpg

P3080137%20copy.jpg

Looks great.Any plans to paint the axle and springs?I use that cheap chassis paint that semi truck shops use to dress up the ones they sale.You can paint over rust or anything as long as it's not flaking or peeling.

Oh yeah I can't leave that the way it is. The whole thing will look new when I am done. LOL Wait it will all be new. I was looking at it last night and the only parts that I am reusing at this point is the axle and the tongue. LOL The hubs are brand new too now I had them in the shop and they just looked better than the old ones. :mrgreen:

that thing looks awesome!

I gotta make me some guide-ons for my trailer... it's getting to be a PITA when loading time comes...

Real nice! I love it. I'm hoping mine will be looking real good once the wind dies down enough to paint it. I'm almost done sanding everything. Keep up the good work

Just a few more pics of minor progress over the last 2 days.

Springs and axle are all painted and reassembled.

P3100131%20copy.jpg

Bearings are in and packed and SS Bearing buddies installed.

P3100132%20copy.jpg

Tail Lights and License bracket are mounted.

P3100133%20copy.jpg

I'm using grommets anywhere wires will pass through the frame. I despise wiring problems on trailers.

P3100134%20copy.jpg

That's all for today.

Looks really good. =D>

Quick ? about bunk placement....Do your skids fall underneath the outermost chines of the boat?

Just looking for some feedback on bunk placement.

Thanks

Latest posts