Front Deck Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nicdicarlo said:
I use AutoCAD a lot on my computer at work. I'm not a trained drafter, but I have a pretty good knowledge of the program and can create pretty nice figures. I made a nice layout of my crawdad in preparation for building the new flooring. PM me if you want me to whip something up for you...I'm always looking for stuff to do at work thats not actually work related. :twisted:

Save the plan for the crawdad, I might need it If I can score a cheap crawdad over the winter.

Jim, will do. I currently have a drawing with the dimensions of the boat, the internal framwork, and the usable floor space. Once I decide how excactly I want to cut the floor I will make an "AS BUILT" figure. I will keep you posted.

Updated gussets are done, need more mounting hardware I'll get it tomorrow. Then I'll connect the gusset with 2x2 and be done framing! After that I'll install new wiring and cut decking while waiting for Flotation foam and other parts.

The picture make them look unlevel but i've about wore my level out ensuring they arent!

normal_DSC_00021601resize.JPG

normal_DSC_00011600resize.JPG

normal_DSC_00031602resize.JPG

normal_DSC_00041603resize.JPG

normal_DSC_00051604resize.JPG

I like the idea of the gussets. But, as some of yall have figured out from my posts, I can't leave good enough alone. :)
So here is my 2 dollars worth (inflation)
You may want a bit of support on your four corners. I circled all four, but only the rearward 2 corners may need it.

bassboy1 said:
I like the idea of the gussets. But, as some of yall have figured out from my posts, I can't leave good enough alone. :)
You may want a bit of support on your four corners. I circled all four, but only the rearward 2 corners may need it.

Where is the circled photo?

pbw said:
bassboy1 said:

Where is the circled photo?

LOL! bassboy1 always does that! :D

I can't hear very well dang cold!

I finished all my framing. I've put on my test small sheet of plywood 5/8 and jumped up and down! Its solid.

normal_DSC_00021607resize.JPG

normal_DSC_00041609resize.JPG

Then I starting putting on several coats of water proofing.

normal_DSC_00061611resize.JPG

Third coat drying

normal_DSC_00081613resize.JPG

Now I need my plywood, going to borrow a truck soon to purchase it.

My flotation foam hopefully is in UPS hands.

Lookin' good. But, I think this should be your excuse to buy a truck. :D

EVERYBODY needs a good ole' pickup. :lol:

pbw said:
bassboy1 said:
Lookin' good. But, I think this should be your excuse to buy a truck. :D

EVERYBODY needs a good ole' pickup. :lol:

Yea I'd like a Tacoma. Who's buying?

Im not selling mine! LOL! But when it finally dies Im going to buy another tacoma or maybe even a tundra If I can afford the gas.

I love my tundra!! it is like riding on my sofa!!! and while towing my triton it doesn't strain at all

the boat project looks great

Latest posts