Baptistpreach's 1436 Monark -100% 8/14

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Henry,

I've heard the same thing, I never unhook the boat till after its in the water anyhow, but you're right about having to go swimming after your boat! Much better to keep it with you :D

I don't know how I missed this thread before.

Your doing an awesome job.

I believe the Bunk sitcks are made from the same thing cutting boards are made from, Duralyn? I have a 3'x6'x1/2" sheet sitting in my garage. I plan to cover my work bench with it, and use part of it for the bunk slides. I too ahve heard about boats sliding off as well. I also load and unload by myself.

I picked up a trick while watching another guy and his 3 year old son unload his boat. He put his anchor on shore and pushed his boat intot eh water. Parked the truck and pulled the boat back to shore, loaded and left.

Trailer looks great! 8)

...He put his anchor on shore and pushed his boat intot eh water. Parked the truck and pulled the boat back to shore, loaded and left.

Exactly how a friend of mine launches his 14' rig. One lake I launch at always has a cinder block by the ramp. I wrap the line that is attached to my bow eye a few times around the block and let the boat float off.

Brine said:
Trailer looks great BP! I really like the two tone.

Hey, let me know how those bunk slicks work for you. Are they hard plastic? Any chance they could actually beat up your rivets on the bottom?

I wonder how they would work on a steelflex hull? zoooooooooooooom :lol:

I double checked, and they don't actually touch the rivets so I guess I'm good there. My bunks are right on the edge of my boat, and I'm wondering if I shouldnt move them more inward.

I also have done some more work on the boat, and am working on getting the wiring done. I've got the rim of the boat painted maroon, and attached my stern light outlet and my bow light. Now I'm working on figuring out the wiring. Getting REALLY close to being done...

Dude - you have come a LOOOOOOOOONG way with your project - and it looks awesome!

I've got ultimate bunks on my trailer (the whole bunk is slick)... If those slicks are anything like my bunks - don't stand on them -- the first time I stood on them to get my boat, I took a nose dive in the water (at about 1' deep)... now I keep a 15' rope tied to the bow, and I can back the trailer in just to where the end of the bunk touches the water and I can literally pull the boat all the way up to the winch strap.

That bad boy is awesome - I keep going back and looking at the pics!

Well, the finish line is in sight!!

There were 2 things that kept me from attaching my decks: 1. was painting the outside of the boat; 2. doing the electrical wiring. I got some help with a guy from my church who is knowledgeable about these things, and we are almost done! We wired my lights for inside my hatches (that will are turned on with a switch), and put 2 separate 12V outlets on the front deck.

The 12V outlets are ready for power without a switch, and the lights come on in both front hatches when one switch is hit. The idea for the spacing of the lighting was my friends, this way each hatch actually has a third light that is "sharing" and shining on both sides (if that makes any sense, if not, just disregard!)

Attachments

• Wiring 011 (Medium).JPG
    Wiring 011 (Medium).JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,557
  • Wiring 009 (Medium).JPG
    Wiring 009 (Medium).JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,563
  • Wiring 014 (Medium).JPG
    Wiring 014 (Medium).JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,561
  • Wiring 015 (Medium).JPG
    Wiring 015 (Medium).JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,557
  • Wiring 021 (Medium).JPG
    Wiring 021 (Medium).JPG
    96 KB · Views: 1,561
Then we started to wire the switch panel. I have my running lights, my bow and anchor lights (wired to one switch) and my livewell wired to the box, as well as the 3rd 12V accessory outlet and my battery gauge. Here's were I'm at as of now, everything is wired, I just need to build a box and carpet it for the panel, mount my FF on top of the box and finish hiding some wires and finalize about 3 or 4 wire splices. We should finish today Lord willing!

I also used the blue lights in the pit area because they will be what I need when I have a fished deep hooked, or I need to retie a line or lure, or just need good light, the light is red in the rear to keep night vision, and hopefully I won't need much back there other than an anchor or something else big!

Attachments

• Wiring 022 (Medium).JPG
    Wiring 022 (Medium).JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,561
  • Wiring 037 (Medium).JPG
    Wiring 037 (Medium).JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,558
  • Wiring 067 (Medium).JPG
    Wiring 067 (Medium).JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,560
  • Wiring 043 (Medium).JPG
    Wiring 043 (Medium).JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,557
  • Wiring 050 (Medium).JPG
    Wiring 050 (Medium).JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,566
looks awesome!

I've still got to put my lights on mine - the ones I got from bluewater... that I think will be my next step, but I'm honestly thinking about re-doing my decking....

as far as the "pit" area... you could always put in a removable deck and put vinyl on it if you didn't want to worry about sliming your carpet... then you could just take it out, wash it off and put it back in

Thanks for the comments, they really keep me pressing harder! I got mine from bluewater too, and the deck idea ... hmm... not bad.... I'll think on it, it wouldn't be hard to pull off at all, it might even double as a fish cleaning station... but I'm just thinking out loud now.

Ok,

I've been saving this for a little bit, but I think its time to share it. I've seen a couple boats here that looked awesome, but the seats just really took away from the overall look. I found myself in a predicament because I bought my carpet (maroon/black) and didn't even think about my seats. I searched high and low for seats that would match those colors nicely and found absolutely nothing. In fact, finding black anything seats was very sparse. Finally, I got the idea to see if I could dye my own seats whatever color I wanted, well, a few seconds later, google answered the Q for me. A trip to my local O'Reilly's produced a spray paint that was made to be used on vinyl. All I can say is WoW! The finished results were amazing. My seats started out tan and brown, and now they're maroon and black. I started off by painting the maroon just over where I wanted it, then I taped off the maroon, and painted the black section. I also took all hardware off seats with a simple philip's head screwdriver, and (after painting the seat hinges black) put them back on when I was finished. Here's the process start to finish.
The best part was that the cans were maybe $7 each, so for less than $15 I took these seats and made them custom. Of course they also work awesome at sprucing up old seats and making them look new

Attachments

• DSC03827 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03827 (Medium).JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,601
  • DSC02898 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02898 (Medium).JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,598
  • DSC02901 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02901 (Medium).JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,599
  • DSC02715 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02715 (Medium).JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,599
  • DSC02687 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02687 (Medium).JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,598
Go Dawgs!!!!

Gotta love those colors!

=D> =D> =D>

Great Job BP! I've used that stuff in the past myself, but I just used plain black. That looks awesome.

Nice job. They make a dye for vinyl as well.

I still think that you are going to regret all of that black when the heat cranks up here in another couple of months. :lol:

Then I debated on the best place to put my switch panel, and finally decided to make a box for it. I got the idea to take my Radial Arm Saw and just "groove" the wood, the idea is that I don't actually screw the panel into the box, it just slides in and is tension set. Now all I have to do is unscrew the four braces that hold it down, and I've got the whole switch panel accessible. I also caulked the box and then carpeted it

Attachments

• DSC03826 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03826 (Medium).JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,511
  • DSC03735 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03735 (Medium).JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,510
  • DSC03732 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03732 (Medium).JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,510
  • DSC03734 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03734 (Medium).JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,510
I also mounted my seats using toggle bolts with washers. For some reason the toggle bolts I found all had a philip's head on them, so I got hex bolts so I don't have to deal with stripping them out when I'm tightening them. I might post a little tutorial on how I did it for those who are on my shoes after I've fully tested them out with a... um... heavier occupant.

I also used my shop vac to clean out all the junk that's in it, and then washed all the dust the Oklahoma wind has blown in. I picked up a second battery from Wal-Mart to power my Trolling motor, and FF that will go in the back. I finished painting the bottom of the rear hatch and hmm... what else... Oh, I also tried painting my transom wood on the suggestion of one of my members, but I gotta say it didn't turn out as good. I installed my new winch strap for the trailer, and put my new transom tie downs on the boat too. I pushed the winch as far back as I could to have as much of my boat as I could sitting on the bunks, and now all I've left to do is brace the livewell so it won't move and put a little carpet on the bottom to protect the plastic, install my cabinet door catches that will hold my 2 tackle storage boxes on, and then FINALLY put the hasps on and the hinges on everything, cut the livewell door.... really, I'm so close its not funny. I figure I MIGHT need one or two more hours. I also have an order in for vinyl lettering that will be maroon with a cool font for the registration letters and boat name and a decal that will convert my boat from a Monark to a SeaArk! I'm hoping to take it out on Friday weather and schedule permitting for its maiden voyage!

Attachments

• DSC03788 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03788 (Medium).JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,511
  • DSC03784 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03784 (Medium).JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,510
  • DSC03781 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03781 (Medium).JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,510
  • DSC03771 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03771 (Medium).JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 1,510
  • DSC03833 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03833 (Medium).JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,513
It looks awesome man! Just look back to see what you started with and where you are now!

I got one question though... I like the box you made for your switches and fish finder... but you don't think it's going to get in the way of your rods?

It might just be me and I sit in the front of the boat so all of my rod tips would hit right where your box is... wait, now that I think about it, your boat is bigger than mine, and it probably won't make that much of a difference

Latest posts