Baptistpreach's 1436 Monark -100% 8/14

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely amazing transformation. I just read through all of this thread, you have come a very long way.

Bufford

I did.... at first. I got some 2000 grit sandpaper and tried to take care of places where the paint ran, but I'm guessing I didn't do it right, because the runs were still there. Anyhow, I just ended up painting the second and third (touch up) coats on without sanding

I have done everything now except putting my registration letters and boat name on (waiting for them to be done still). I also need to attach my transducer and clean up just a little bit of my wiring, but that's it! Here's the pics of the completed rear deck (I finished up the plumbing for the livewell drain, but haven't taken pics of it yet). I'm hoping to take video and pics of it in the water within the next few days, weather permitting.

Attachments

• DSC03858 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03858 (Medium).JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 2,761
  • DSC03853 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03853 (Medium).JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 2,763
  • DSC03848 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03848 (Medium).JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 2,760
  • DSC03845 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03845 (Medium).JPG
    104 KB · Views: 2,762
looks good man... I like how you did that storage area... I'm thinking of figuring something out like that with the livewell, but I think I need a deeper and wider boat first before I do anything

I took it out on the water today, and other than having to permanently mount my transducer, everything worked out great! I took the whole family out (wife and 3 kids), and we enjoyed ourselves!

Attachments

• DSC03968 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03968 (Medium).JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 2,758
  • DSC03964 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03964 (Medium).JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 2,759
  • DSC03953 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03953 (Medium).JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 2,757
  • DSC03931 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03931 (Medium).JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 2,757
  • DSC03941 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03941 (Medium).JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 2,757
very nice. what a great feeling that has to be. next pic needs to have a fish with it.

BP,

In the pic of the livewell emptying out, it looks like the boat is not sitting on the bunk? I looks as though I can see your glides. Is that right?

Yes, it was off the bunk, I had just pulled it out of the water, and we had to right it, but I hadn't got it on straight when I took the pic. However, once on, it does stay! and the boat doesn't ride that way normally. Yes, it is a REALLY good feeling to be done! I dont' know why, but looking at it, I feel like I don't know what took me so long to get it done. I know the Devil is in the details though :wink: . I'm hoping to take it out fishing on Saturday for a little bit, and if all works out, my fishing buddy and I will load up the livewell with fish on Monday!!

BP, that is awesome looking. I know what you mean about looking at it and wondering what took so long. Take a picture for us when you catch the first one in it this weekend.

One more =D> . It was a great transformation to watch.

Hope you get to make lots of memories with it.

Hey Preach,
I'm going to take a couple ideas off of your back deck build. I really lilke the design. Instead of a livewell I'm just going to have storage there. The question I have is where did you get your hinges and door pulls? Are the hinges alum or stainless steel?

I got the hinge pulls from BPS ($4 each!) and I got the stainless hinges (the long ones around the livewell) from Lowe's. Because they were so expensive, I decided to use the cheap ones from Walmart that were zinc plated (?) they were only about $3 a pair vs. $14. I figured if they do rust in a few years, I can just replace them for much cheaper. I only ended up buying the stainless ones bc Lowe's had them priced wrong, so I got them for about $5 each. I feel like the price for stainless is really high, but I did check on Ebay, and if I found some good deals there.

poolie said:
BP, that is awesome looking. Take a picture for us when you catch the first one in it this weekend.

I didn't go out for long, but I did get this bass on a buzzbait (gotta love the overcast days). Its a good pic to show the livewell in operation. I lowered the water line to more than halfway since there was just this and a crappie in it, and I still had plenty of water for them to swim in

I am planning on giving the livewell a real test tomorrow when I take it to the pond where me and my buddy caught these yesterdayFishing With Kenny 029 (Small).JPG We'll see how many crappie it can hold hopefully!!

Attachments

• DSC04017 (Medium).JPG
    DSC04017 (Medium).JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,460
  • DSC04026 (Medium).JPG
    DSC04026 (Medium).JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,457
  • DSC04002 (Medium).JPG
    DSC04002 (Medium).JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,461
  • DSC04029 (Medium).JPG
    DSC04029 (Medium).JPG