Front Deck Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of paint did you use for the inside and outside? Thanks, I FINALLY finished doing all my carpetting, I'll post pics soon.

baptistpreach said:
What kind of paint did you use for the inside and outside? Thanks, I FINALLY finished doing all my carpetting, I'll post pics soon.

The previous owner painted the boat using single stage automotive paint.

PBW, have you had any issues with corrosion from the strong ties touching the ribs? I plan to do the same thing but am getting mixed suggestions, all are appreciated but would like to here first hand from someone with the setup

PBW,
I just saw your thread man and had to check it out when I realized you were from L'ville!! Then you start talking about McNeely Lake and I grew up right around there. Grew up on Zenith way off of the Outer Loop right by Hi-Li swim club (if it's still called that) and I used to ride my bike out to McNeely all the time. (Also spent some time observing the submarine races out there too. :lol: [-X :lol: ) I'll be up in Louisville for Easter - maybe we could hook up and go fishing? Your boat turned out awesome man. Very sweet and excellent craftsmanship.

Mike

MikeA57 said:
PBW,
I just saw your thread man and had to check it out when I realized you were from L'ville!! Then you start talking about McNeely Lake and I grew up right around there. Grew up on Zenith way off of the Outer Loop right by Hi-Li swim club (if it's still called that) and I used to ride my bike out to McNeely all the time. (Also spent some time observing the submarine races out there too. :lol: [-X :lol: ) I'll be up in Louisville for Easter - maybe we could hook up and go fishing? Your boat turned out awesome man. Very sweet and excellent craftsmanship.

Mike

Hey Mike sorry I missed your post! I was out of town for Easter but next time you are in town shoot me an e-mail we can go Casting at McNeely........

smoody said:
PBW, have you had any issues with corrosion from the strong ties touching the ribs? I plan to do the same thing but am getting mixed suggestions, all are appreciated but would like to here first hand from someone with the setup

No issues yet, just today I got the boat out from under the back porch and took the two tarps off(ITS A TARRRRPPP!!!!!!!!!!)! Everything looks great still. I can post pics of it if you wish! Last fishing trip of 08 it took a hard rain on me while I was fishing all the wood and ties.

pbw,

Do you still have your TM mounted that way? It seems like it would be easy to break something with it up in the stowed postion if you were to hit a boat dock or something. I am looking for feedback on a build I will be doing soon.

Thanks

Brine said:
pbw,

Do you still have your TM mounted that way? It seems like it would be easy to break something with it up in the stowed postion if you were to hit a boat dock or something. I am looking for feedback on a build I will be doing soon.

Thanks
Its the worst mounting position ever when stored. Some how it got over the trailer rear pole while unload in choppy water. My trailer license plate looked like a hard taco bell taco shell..I'm going to move it soon.

Sorry...but thanks for the info. Didn't think about getting on and off the trailer with it sticking out like that. Yes, I would end up snatching the whole motor off my deck I think.

pbw said:
MikeA57 said:
PBW,

Mike

Hey Mike sorry I missed your post! I was out of town for Easter but next time you are in town shoot me an e-mail we can go Casting at McNeely........

It's OK pbw, we got up there, had our fun and came on home. I would like to go some time though if I get up there other than at Thanksgiving and Easter, which are my usual times for coming up. But I'd love to if I can spare the time!

Mike

I just put in closed cell flotation foam which turned out great. 16’ used 1.5 gallons mixed 50/50. I bought a saw that cut it flat for my new floor.

Latest posts