Fish Kebabs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Youngest daughter would barely touch her fish before this one. First tiem I made this I made 9 kebobs and my wife and I ate 2 each, the daughter ate the rest. Yup, they're that good.

Marinade:
6 Cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1/3 c distilled white vinegar
1/3 c lemon juice

Glaze:
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground turmeric (optional- I don't use)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper

- Cut fish into 1" cubes, toss with salt at a rate of 1 tsp salt to 1 Lb fish. Let stand in a medium bowl 5 minutes.

- Prepare marinade by combining the garlic, pepper, cumin, vinegar and lemon juice in a blender and processing until blended and smooth. Pour over salted fish, cover and let marinade in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.

- Prepare the glaze. Heat the oil, chili powder, turmeric (if using), salt and pepper in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Heat for 5 minutes until the oil is red and fragment. Set aside to cool*.

- Cut bell peppers (and onions if using) into 1" squares.

- Thread peppers, onions and fish on skewers (soak wooden ones in water before using). Place on hot grill. Brush with glaze. Grill 2-4 minutes a side, brushing glaze on after each turn.

Personally, I double the glaze recipe as I run out if I don't. If fish isn't thick enough to make 1" cubes I make long 1" wide strips so when folded it is close to 1". Personal favorites for peppers is the orange bell peppers followed by yellow and red. Green ones not recommended for the grill as they get a little bitter. Glaze can be prepared without heating but will not become as fragrant as when heated.

I never did mention it in the original post but I use Flounder for this recipe. Sea Scallops sound like they would work fine too.

Latest posts