Spaghetti Plus

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
I posted this back in November of 2007, and after some prodding from my wife I fixed it for supper two nights ago. The chicken breasts we bought were thick enough that I was able to fillet them in half length-ways and had 8 breasts to work with. I substituted the Pam cooking spray with EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) to brown the chicken and sausage in, and it turned out well.

Here's a recipe for some spaghetti that I got from a Navy cook years ago, but my family just calls it "Greg's Spaghetti" :wink:

Ingredients:

- Boneless Chicken Breasts (as many as you desire/depends on how many you're feeding)
- Italian Sausage (as much as you like)
- Spaghetti sauce (your choice)
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Dijon Mustard
- Italian seasoning (located in the spice section at store)
- Toothpicks (yep it's part of the recipe)

- First you want to start your sauce. I use a slow-cooking crockpot.
- Take the chicken breasts and use a meat tenderizer hammer and flatten them
out. Not real flat, but enough that you can roll them up after adding the ingredients.
- Spread some Dijon Mustard on the flattened breasts, spinkle the Italian
seasoning on there, then put the shredded mozzarella cheese on there.
- Roll the breasts up tight and add 2-3 toothpicks to keep them from
unrolling.
- Lightly brown the rolled-up breasts in a skillet, turning them as they brown. Yes, the cheese will melt some.
(I also use some spray-type cooking oil in the skillet to keep it from sticking. (Used Olive Oil recently)
- After they're browned, add the breasts to the sauce.
- Take the Italian sausage and slice it into about 1" lengths.
- Brown those in the skillet.
- Add the browned sausage to the sauce in the crockpot.
- I usually let the crockpot cook it all for about an hour minimum, but have cooked it a lot longer.
- Prepare your regular spaghetti noodles.
- Place the sauce with chicken and sausage on the spaghetti noodles on a plate and enjoy.

Don't forget to remove the toothpicks before eating :wink:

A loaf of sweet italian bread, sliced and buttered, goes well with this meal. :wink:

Latest posts