Windows 7 NOW

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocWatson

Reaction score
You can install any version of Windows 7 – Ultimate, Pro, Home Premium, or the others – from any Windows 7 DVD. That means if you ripped or ripped off a copy of the final version of Windows 7 Ultimate, say, you can use the DVD (or ISO file) to install Windows 7 Home Premium.
The trick doesn’t change the “bittedness” – if you have a 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate DVD, you can only use it to install 32-bit copies of Home Premium, for example – but you can easily change the DVD so it’ll install Ultimate, Pro or Home Premium.
Here’s why that’s important to those of you who have a copy of the Win7 Ultimate DVD (or ISO file). If you go ahead and install Win7 Ultimate right now, Microsoft gives you 30 days before you have to type in an activation key. If you use the trick in Woody's Windows Secrets column https://www.windowssecrets.com/2009/08/20/01-Use-any-version-of-Windows-7-free-for-120-days, you can extend the free time up to 120 days – which pushes you out beyond the October 22 ship date. So you can start to use the “real” Windows 7 right now, no sweat, perfectly legally in all respects. But if you install Windows 7 Ultimate right now, when time comes to activate, you have to supply an Ultimate key. And Win7 Ultimate costs two arms and two legs.
Chances are good that you want to install Windows 7 Home Premium right now. (A few of you may really want Pro, but almost everybody will do just fine with Home Premium.) Unfortunately, unless you know the trick, that Windows 7 Ultimate DVD you have right now only installs Windows 7 Ultimate – and you’ll get stuck with either a whopping bill when Windows 7 ships, or you’ll be faced with re-installing Win7.
So check out the column, follow the tricks, and get a copy of Home Premium installed right now. It’s all legal, all legit – if you know how.

I had the pre-release version of ultimate but my hard drive was to small to install it.I currently have Vista HP.My hard drive is only 80GB.I may upgrade to Windows 7 if I upgrade my hard drive.From the little that I have used Win 7,it seems to be a lot better that Vista and XP.

I wouldn't touch Vista with an Ugly Stick !!! I haven't seen Windows 7 as yet, but have heard much better things about it than Vista's early reports (or later reports, for that matter :roll: ). I'm not yet sure if it's going to be a better OS than XP has been for both home and business.

Yes.
Windows 7 is with the elimination of the problems in Vista.
It works well especially original copy. Not pirated.

Latest posts