3 hp minn kota trolling motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

free jonboat

Reaction score
i have found a 3 hp minn kota trolling motor on craigs list for 70 bucks. nothing is wrong is wrong with it i just wanted to know does anybody know the thrust on this motor?

Correct.3HP is a model not a power rating.It confuses a lot of people.I was at first but after a few calls,I was set straight.

BTW parts are no longer available for the 3HP.I need a new armature and can not find one.I have looked for almost two years.Even tried ebay and craig's list.

i have this motor. anyone interested in it for parts. all parts good. the only problem is the circuit board is no good.
joe

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=362729#p362729 said:
jsalvia » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:51 pm[/url]"]i have this motor. anyone interested in it for parts. all parts good. the only problem is the circuit board is no good.
joe

Is the motor and brushes still good?What are you wanting for it?Can you post pics.These motors are not popular anymore because of their high power consumption.

Hi there ben2go,
Is it a Bow Mount, if so, then what is available as parts from that Trolling Motor.

Truckie Oz said:
Hi there ben2go,
Is it a Bow Mount, if so, then what is available as parts from that Trolling Motor.
Mine was a transom mount.I couldn't find the parts to repair mine, so I scrapped it a couple years ago.I needed a complete armature and brushes.Mine was run into something solid,by the PO, and drove the armature into the brushes.Parts are almost non existent for these old TMs.

Latest posts