Minnie Kill

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
We had just neted about 2 dozen minnies, you know with the minnie net and bread. we get to our place to fish, my pops puts a minnie on and casts out, i went below the falls to fish for trout with some corn, and unk is sitting on a bucket with his back towards pops, i hear this yelling and went to see what was happening, Unk was sitting on his bucket stareing at the water, 2 dozen minnies minus one, were floating belly up, he tried hooking them below the dorsel fin, but went down too far and killed them, than he tells pops that we caught the wrong minnies, LOL. it was funny to see all those minnies floating in a matter of minutes. He'd sip a beer and kill a minnie. theres more to come. Yes this is the same Unk we used for a spotter.

We had just neted about 2 dozen minnies...

A good story, but I have to ask.......are you talking about minnows? What do you do with the bread? Inquiring minds want to know, lol
headscratch_shrug_smilie.gif

yes Mr. Waterwings, they be minnows, you throw the net out let it sink to the bottom, take the bread, pinch off little balls and throw them into the net, wait about wait 10-15 seconds yank the net up and bam, minnows. They love the bread, sometimes we would nail a screen between 2 2"x 2"x 3' stakes, kick up the rapids for some helgemites, excellent SMB bait.

Latest posts