Pitching rod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sporty

Reaction score
Ok guys you were a big help in helping me choose a reel for pitching light weights . Now I need some advice as to what rod should I match it up to . I presently have Loomis GLX and IMX mh rods for my Zillion and Calcutta. I like the feel of the Loomis rods . But what make etc do you think will compliment my SOL reel with the Loomis feel :?:

I would look at rouge rods they are made by gar loomis's son and use the same hardware and blank molds . they have the same warranty at a cheaper price I have several rouge rods and 10 loomis rods and they are both top notch

Wayne

I've never seen Rouge rods up here .

:?: for pitching small lures . I see rods are described as far as action.
Mod, Mod/fast, fast, and x fast . What type of action should I be looking at :?: As well as lenght and weight. Light , medium, m/h or heavy :?:

I would say somehting over 7' and either medium or med-heavy power, with an x-fast action. The x-fast action will help you load up the rod better with lighter jigs and help you get more distance.

I don't know but someone in my club last season got rid of a Tournament Bass St Croix because he thought it was too heavy, it was a 7'6" flippin' stick. Shoot Mattman a PM he's a custom builder and can build on whatever blank you want(Loomis, St. Croix, dare I say Sage?).

whoops! I forgot the lightbait part. I have a ML Shimano Crucial for light duty baitcasting. I think the Crucial is one of the best bang for the buck rods there are. These guys have them, take a look at the 6'6" M Dropshot rod

https://www.thefishinhole.com/

CRC-D66M
item # 3852198

forgot to mention, they're North of the Maple curtain in Saskatoon.... good?

I agree on the crucial, I have a spinning 7'2" med ex-fast dropshot rod and I love it. For $140 they are a deal. I also like st. croix a lot. Also look into Kistler. I have a magnesium ts 6'9" med hvy and it is an awesome all around casting rod. They are super light and strong.

Thanks guys ; they have a 6'8" Crucial up hear . In an X fast series
Is that ok :?: Any other rods that you may suggest ???

sporty said:
Thanks guys ; they have a 6'8" Crucial up hear . In an X fast series
Is that ok :?: Any other rods that you may suggest ???

That is an awesome rod! I have that same rod for spinning. But For pitching into the thick stuff it wont do.

The closest thing arould here offering light action is a Loomis IMX CR 721 3/16 - 1/2 weight . However it is only available in a light series.
I don't think it is strong enough getting pike etc. out of the weeds.?????

sporty said:
The closest thing arould here offering light action is a Loomis IMX CR 721 3/16 - 1/2 weight . However it is only available in a light series.
I don't think it is strong enough getting pike etc. out of the weeds.?????
How big are the pike? You'd be surprised what I've reeled in with light rods :D

Latest posts