Looking for a new spinning combo!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMDave

Reaction score
Disregard my previous two posts on finding a new baitcaster :lol: . I am looking for a new spinning rod/reel for the Delaware River. I want to get into light tackle fishing, so I want a longer rod, but less power. Minimum size would be 7'. I am looking at a 7'4" or 7'6". I did find https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/...r=90406&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults this rod however, but it only comes in 6'8" ML, 7'M and 7'9" ML. I am looking towards the 7'M or 7'9" ML. Or https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/...1_-1_10001_59067?cmCat=CROSSSELL&cmid=PP_P0_2 this rod in the 7'6" M action (which would be perfect). What is the difference between them anyway? I want to keep the rod under 90 dollars, and I know I am getting the Symetre if I do get a spinning rod (although I don't know what size Symetre). Thanks for the help

Smdave, I think hat you would be better off with the 6'8"ml rod.
I'm 6'5" and a spinning rod longer than 7' is tough to work with while wading and hiking into areas to fish.
Now if you are fishing from a boat and can stand up the 7' rod would be my choice.
I have a 6'8" ml rouge drop shot rod that I use for all my spinning rod fishing I use it for light 1/32oz t rigged worms and sunk fishing and even throw 3/16oz t rigs on it with great success. long casts are easy with the 6'8"length and it is easy to handle without getting hung up in trees when I walk into areas to fish

Wayne

SMDave, I just bought a new rod for the same purpose. I wade a lot on the Skuke and the Del for smallies. I got a 6'6" ML Fast action St. Croix Triumph. It will be paired with an Okuma Strutus GT30 and either 8lb mono or a comparable superline. I haven't fished it yet, but I think I'm gonna give it a shot this weekend. I don't know if a 7' is necessary, but its all personal pref. Prior to this rod, I would use a 6' M action or a 5'8" L action rod for wading, depending on what I was throwing.

Try Gander Mountains Guide Series rods and reels. they are nice equipment and you can beet the price. ive been using one for a while and i have been problem free. i have about $70 into my combo . it hasnt let me down and i fish in some odd conditions and im very happy with it.

Latest posts