Bill Dance Complete Bass Fishing Course (Winner!!!)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brine

Reaction score
Member Karma is about to get kicked up a notch! Up for grabs is the following DVD's/CD's from Bill Dance outdoors https://www.bassfishingcourse.com/

P1250095.jpg

Disclaimer: I won this back a few years ago from OLN (Now Versus) via Bill Dance Outdoors, so it is gently used.

In the spirit of me previously asking for sponsors in the upcoming Kids' fishing tournament, I thought I'd put a twist on the contest geared towards taking a young person fishing with you. To allow my Northern friends an equally fair chance to entice a kid to fish with them, this contest will start Feb 01, and end June 30. During the month of February, simply take a child (must be 12 years of age or younger) fishing with you, and take a picture of the child with a fish giving a thumbs up which will serve as a unique identifier. If you don't catch a fish, then the young angler may pose with a fishing rod, a body of water in the background, and a thumbs up. The months of March thru June will have identical rules with the exception of each month will have it's own unique identifier to be given later in this contest. I will do my best to announce the unique identifier for each month at the end of the previous month, so please make sure to check before posting. You may have 5 entries into this contest. One for the month of February, one for the month of March, one for the month of April, one for the month of May, and one for the month of June.

Additional Rules and Recap
1. Only five entries per registered TinBoats Member is allowed as detailed above. (One each month)
2. You must have made at least 4 posts in January, February, March, April, May, and June by contest end. (That's 4 each month)
3. To enter, simply post a pic of the young angler as outlined above.
4. I can change the rules at anytime because :LOL2: .
5. If you don't acutally "fish", it's not considered "taking a kid fishing". Thanks FishingCop! [-X

Contest ends on June 30th. I will use RANDOM.ORG to make the final decision. 1st post will be "1", 2nd post will be "2", 3rd post will be "3", so on and so forth.

Above All :postpics:
tribble2.jpg

Good Luck!

redbug said:
Sounds like a great deal for those who have a chance..

Yes, and take note: The rules are described such that the young angler need NOT be family of the TinBoats member. Any young angler is allowed (assuming the member accompanied them). The idea with this contest is not only to support all of our current young anglers, it's also to introduce a young person to the sport!

So...... anyone with or without kids of your own, you're just as capable of getting entered as well. Off the bank, or in a boat....Make a point to take a kid fishing!

Hey Brine....

Quote: "To allow my Northern friends an equally fair chance to entice a kid to fish with them, this contest will start Feb 01, and end March 31."

Duh, our "Northern friends" will still be iced over for the most part in Feb & March??? not like down in GA where you're at :) (although I see you are getting hit pretty hard with an ice storm this week - but that'll be all gone in a couple days - up north here, it'll take until April to thaw)

Is a picture of a kid, freezing his/her butt off, standing in a huge snow drift in front of a frozen body of water, snow all around, fishing pole in hand, giving the thumbs up sign, gonna qualify???? :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah, great gift to some luck member =D>

Hey FishingCop,

Options:
1. Buy an Auger (See BugPac's comment above)
2. Rent an Auger (See BugPac's comment above)
3. Borrow an Auger (See BugPac's comment above)
4. Go with someone who already has an Auger (See BugPac's comment above)

You're only an hour from Lake Michigan right??? You mean to tell me no one is on the lake in Feb and March???

More Options:
6. Go to a River
7. Take a road trip

Finding a place to fish isn't the problem. Making it happen is. Is it harder up north because of temperature? Maybe, but we can all make excuses why we didn't go. Weather, time, work, money, etc..... I didn't expect this prize to make anyone change their behavior and fish when it's not "ideal" for them and a young angler, I just wanted to reward one of the ones who did. :wink:

Hope I get to see you entered!

Brine said:
Hey FishingCop,

Options:
1. Buy an Auger (See BugPac's comment above)
2. Rent an Auger (See BugPac's comment above)
3. Borrow an Auger (See BugPac's comment above)
4. Go with someone who already has an Auger (See BugPac's comment above)

You're only an hour from Lake Michigan right??? You mean to tell me no one is on the lake in Feb and March???

More Options:
6. Go to a River
7. Take a road trip

Finding a place to fish isn't the problem. Making it happen is. Is it harder up north because of temperature? Maybe, but we can all make excuses why we didn't go. Weather, time, work, money, etc..... I didn't expect this prize to make anyone change their behavior and fish when it's not "ideal" for them and a young angler, I just wanted to reward one of the ones who did. :wink:

Hope I get to see you entered!

Oh, I'll be entered for sure - see my last post with the description of the picture that I'll be entering :) With a 5 year old and a two year old (not mine, I'm in my 60's :) - It's a nice and generous gift you offer - if by some chance I might win, I'll donate it back either to the second winner or hold another raffle.....

FishingCop said:
- if by some chance I might win, I'll donate it back either to the second winner or hold another raffle.....

Yah, Good Luck with that.... :LOL2:

New rule update!

Brine,

I think it is a wonderful thing you are doing with the Mini-Me tournament. Your generous “Karma” prize and contest for kids is equally commendable.

You are right; we northerners could ice fish if we really wanted to. Getting an auger is the easy part – but you also need other special equipment, special fishing gear and appropriate clothing for ice fishing – not to mention a child willing to spend time out in sub-freezing weather and wind chills - whether ice fishing or bank fishing an unfrozen river. Not everyone enjoys ice fishing and not everyone, including me, has the equipment and appropriate attire.

My point was simple, your desire to “reward” a young angler if they “fish when it’s not ideal for them…” is fine and a good contest. However, this time of year for us northerners is not, in my opinion, “…an equally fair chance to entice a kid to fish…” So, since you disqualified my intended submission, even though I was donating the prize back, I will pass on this one.

In any case, I hope all the entrants have a great time and you get lots of good pictures to post and, thanks again for everything you do to get the kids out fishing.

P.S. It was held a few months before you joined, so if you didn’t see it, go to the “2008 Labor Day Back to School Tournament” – there are some happy kids :)

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4330

I agree with FC 100% great idea and prize just bad timing fr us northerners
good luck to all the lucky kids that get to wet a line this time of year.
be sure to post plenty of pictures for us up here

After careful consideration.... :mrgreen: I have extended the contest thru June.

Reasoning:
1. The prize warrants it.
2. I want all of the TinBoat Nation to be able to particpate.
3. The more pics of kids fishing, the more I like it.
4. See rule number 4. :LOL2:

Thanks for the feedback FishingCop and redbug.

Oh, and FishingCop.... you also get credit for rule number 5. It remains enforced. :USA1:

REREAD THE RULES!

Thanks Brine, we're (me and 5 year old Joey) are back in :) :) Maybe only after the thaw, but we'll be there for sure for the later months :D

Wanted to bump this back to the top to remind anyone that may have a chance to enter this month. Only 2 days left!

My 8 yr. old son, Jacob and I went to a neighbors pond yesterday. Jacob caught the only fish and even though it was cold and windy he wanted to stay longer. We both had a good time. Here is Jacob and his fish. Good fishin, Scott Woody

Attachments

• 's February Fish 004.JPG
    's February Fish 004.JPG
    233.4 KB · Views: 3,446
=D> Way to go!

Glad someone was able to enter this month.

Unique Identifier for March is:

Stick your tongue out! :mrgreen:

Great idea Brine. Youll be seeing my son and his friends with some big ole bluegill next month. Thank you for promoting something so positive. Too many kids into the darn video games, get em out there and let em have some real fun.

Don't forget to read the contest rules. March is "Stick out your tongue" month :LOL2:

Here's another pic of Jacob,(with his tongue stuck out) with another fish he got this last Sat. We were fishing out of my 14' jon boat in our church's lake. Good fishin, Scott Woody

Attachments

• Jacob Fishing 004.JPG
    Jacob Fishing 004.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 1,547

Latest posts