Slow Activity in this section

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I know there is not allot of participation in this section, but this is a starting point to try to organize something on the "NET".

BASS did not start with a full field and neither will this. I would like to see this taken to the next levels where corporate sponsors will take notice and see that there are allot of weekend anglers fishing out of small boats that would love an opportunity to win a "fully equpped" Tin Rig.

It will happen one day. If not here, somewhere. :D

I'm trying to get my guys over here... some of them visit, but never post.

Our biggest problem is the only site my guys stay on is a local website - and they only like to visit one place for all of our tournament info.

When we get into the season, I'm going to post more because we are still getting more people joining our club... I do however need to do an update for our last tourney - wait, I think bugpac already did that

russ010 said:
I'm trying to get my guys over here... some of them visit, but never post.

Our biggest problem is the only site my guys stay on is a local website - and they only like to visit one place for all of our tournament info.

When we get into the season, I'm going to post more because we are still getting more people joining our club... I do however need to do an update for our last tourney - wait, I think bugpac already did that

No, you had a fine review, I just put the bait out there for your story is all... :) I know how to stay on top of it.. :)

hey how about one of you computor guys composing a map (graphics) showing the clubs geographic location that can be seen in a glance. It would be fun to watch it grow. be creative! Bob co-director of (https://www.electric-bass.org)

How about a tournament? Maybe we could get boats from all over to meet in a central area and fish? It doesn't have to be many to start with but I am sure as time goes it will get bigger every year.
I know there are a lot of clubs in Ohio, Virginia, NC, and Ga. Who knows how many individuals that are not in clubs that would come? Make it open to the public. Some dude in Ga. is trying to start something like this but he only wants members from some clubs and not others and all sorts of rules. I like the idea of being open to ALL jon boaters. Include boats from clubs or not.
I think the future of bass fishing will be in a jon boat =D>

Great ideas!

What about a annual rally? With a tornament or multiple tournaments bass, cats, and bowfishing!

Get the outdoor channel to cover it or do a story!

I think this low cost type of boating is apealing to many americans.

Buckeye Boater said:
Great ideas!

What about a annual rally? With a tornament or multiple tournaments bass, cats, and bowfishing!

Get the outdoor channel to cover it or do a story!

I think this low cost type of boating is apealing to many americans.

Working on it, Slowly but surely! 8)

riverrat said:
How about a tournament? Maybe we could get boats from all over to meet in a central area and fish? It doesn't have to be many to start with but I am sure as time goes it will get bigger every year.
I know there are a lot of clubs in Ohio, Virginia, NC, and Ga. Who knows how many individuals that are not in clubs that would come? Make it open to the public. Some dude in Ga. is trying to start something like this but he only wants members from some clubs and not others and all sorts of rules. I like the idea of being open to ALL jon boaters. Include boats from clubs or not.
I think the future of bass fishing will be in a jon boat =D>
Hey riverrat,
I think you are on the right track. But in order to have a tournament to build from, all teams must be on a level playing field. This is where rules and clubs come into the picture. In the Electric Bass Circuit our "Classic" teams must fish five tournaments as a team to qualify. This eliminates bringing in someone who is a local favorite on the Classic Lake. If you open a tournament to anyone, you can be sure a local pair will team up to take advantage of the teams who have fished club tournaments to qualify for the event. If locals or "homers" as we call them win, others who fished club tournaments to qualify for the event will not return for the next tournament. If teams do not have an equal chance to compete all is lost. I am for a tournament, but if there are no rules or clubs involved, I don't give it much chance of success. My opinion, ebcdave

Good to talk with you ebcdave :D . I agree that rules should be in place to keep a somewhat level playing field. I just hate to see jon boaters that are not part of a club, whether there is not a club in the area, or just begining, or whatever, not be allowed to fish. These boats are the ones that will go home and start a club, or join a club. It will be a way to promote jon boat fishing.

Maybe there will be a few sneaks that load up and try to make money on the tournament. I hope thats not the only reason people fish, just for the money.

Proposal to start national classic
to keep the theme of small boats, low cost, friendly, equal and etc.......
boats must be 15' or smaller (no manufactured "Bass Boats")
powered by no more than two trolling motors (24 volts max. each motor), gas motors are expensive and can give some anglers a big advantage over others. There are plenty of tourneys for boats with gas motors, lets be unique!
you must qualify by fishing in an approved circuit (by tinboaters) having fished as a team in that circuit in at least 6 events. (your team(s) will represent your circuit/region)
this is just a start of the dialog, what do you think?

ebcbob said:
Proposal to start national classic
to keep the theme of small boats, low cost, friendly, equal and etc.......
boats must be 15' or smaller (no manufactured "Bass Boats")
powered by no more than two trolling motors (24 volts max. each motor), gas motors are expensive and can give some anglers a big advantage over others. There are plenty of tourneys for boats with gas motors, lets be unique!
you must qualify by fishing in an approved circuit (by tinboaters) having fished as a team in that circuit in at least 6 events. (your team(s) will represent your circuit/region)
this is just a start of the dialog, what do you think?

Excellent!

Do you think it would be wise to start(Free for now) an organization like a BASS, or ABA that clubs would need to be a part of just so we can get some structure going?

We would have to lay down a set of rules that everyone would need to follow, just like the big boys.

There will need to be set rules for the "Tinboat National Classic" (TNC), but all the rules the TNC will follow for its tournament, will not neccessarily need to be followed by the "sanctioned" circuits. For ex. some small boat circuits may allow gas motors in their tournaments but when it comes to competing in the TNC there will be NO GAS MOTORS. Also, circuits may set up their own fees and pay-out schedual that suits them. There can/should be at least a small entry fee (investment) by the qualifing teams, but what will make it work, is if some sponsors can donate additional prizes. At our classic (https://www.electric-bass.org) everybody walks away with some prizes. I my opinion, small boats, 15' max., trolling motors only, only teams that have competed together (no putting together simi-pro "homers") are crucial to the integity of this endeavor. Just thought, another name....Tin Boat National Classic (TBNC). Jim , come up with your name for the event and lets start calling it that, lets start getting things going.

I wish there was a way for non-affiliated boats could join in, but if not its not going to be a big problem for me.

You can count on NC to send boats for this event. We got some sponsers that I am sure would like to help out on this.
I am the president of the Jon Boat Championship club and fish with all the NC clubs and each one of the clubs would like to be a part of something bigger.

Keep us informed :D

I think affiliation/sanction of clubs is the only way to be able to control who paticipates in the regional and national tourneys. Otherwise you could get local "homers" or "ringers" that would only try to fish the bigger regional/national touraments. I think sanctioning by the Tinboat National governing body needs to be nothing more than proof that you are an organized club/circuit that holds at least 6 tournaments. There could be a few more rules for sanctioning, such as you fish those tourneys in a small boat. (that way bass clubs (big boats) that hold their own tourneys fishing out of their big bass boats, could not throw together a small boat just to fish our "national tourney").

ebcbob, you've got the right idea, but ruling out boats over 15 feet, and ruling out gas motors might be a little extreme when just starting out...

I'm all for outlawing manufactured bass boats, but guys (like myself) who build bass boats from their tin rigs deserve a chance just as much as the next guy. You'd probably be better off ruling out manufactured bass boats, and if there is any discrepancy over whether or not the guy did it himself, hes out.

As for the electric only, its a good idea, but this isn't an electric only site. I get where you're coming from, but setting a HP limit might be better (like 50 or under). Or there could be a powered/nonpowered division, two separate days, or whatever. No reason everybody can't have a go at it.

I have no problem with bigger boats and motors if thats what the Tinboat wants to do. My thought, first, we of the https://www.electric-bass.org type would not participate, second, 16's and motors already have a zillion options for competitive fishing. I personally would like to see something unique, for the little guy, that can do it on the low cost basis.

In the clubs here in NC about half of our guys have boats in the 15'-16' range. We have very few electric only lakes so we have to share the lakes with boats many times bigger and the guys feel safer in the bigger jon boats.
Would it be fair to exclude them from fishing? It is still powered by electric motors.

My 2 cents question. In an all electric tourney does the boat with a T/M over 100# have any advantage over the one with only a 30# thurst. The bigger ones get to the honey hole first. Why not use outboards than?

The speed of the boat has nothing to do with catching fish. I know people that have won bass boat tournaments out of a jon boat with only trolling motors.
So I would say there is no difference between a 100# and 30# thrust motor.
I got outboard motors for my boat and fish tournaments with it too but there is just something about electric only tournaments that is so much more fun :D

Latest posts