Latest electronics gadget:HuBox

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powelstag

Reaction score
HuBox
Triple benefit with one device: the “huBox”, USB hub + SD card reader + storage container
1.jpg

This seems like a simple and yet very practical device…An external USB hub and SD card reader which can also be used as a container to store them or anything else that fits…iPod shuffle maybe…Sweet and neat!
As to the details, it measures 10×10x5 cm, weighs around 180 gr, features 3 USB 2.0 ports,and 1 SD memory card slot with max. 480 Mbps of transfer speed. What’s more, it is compatible both with Windows and Mac.

Its a good idea in theory, but practically I don't see it going over well for a few reasons. Looks like it would be too big to actually take with you anywhere. I know it wouldn't fit in my messenger style laptop bag. Second, most people who have a lot of storage devices have some form of organizing them. My camera bag has several small pockets whose purpose is to organize memory cards. Far better than putting them in a box.

The thing that I see really hurting it, is price. A usb hub can be had for almost nothing if you look around enough. I think I bought mine for like $5 on newegg or something. The SD Card reader is nice to have included in it, but those can be had for the same if you get lucky. A lot of people just use the camera as the reader though, unless they have some other device that uses SD cards, or is a serious photographer dumping card fulls of pictures. Not to mention one could buy both readers separate, and set a nice looking box on top of it to have the same thing.

Like I said, good Idea in theory, but I don't think its going to go over as well as they are hoping.