Old KVD Spinning Reels

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMDave

Reaction score
Are they worth it? With the introduction of the new line of Quantum KVD reels, the spinning reel model from a year or two back has gone from $99 to $49. Do you think it is worth to get? Or should I just go with the Sedona for the same price?

Concur with Jim. All good choices. I have a Sahara (only Shimano I own) and it's been a good reel, and casts great! I have it mounted on a 6'6" MH BPS Qualifier rod. Makes for a nice setup. :)

The way I see it is simple.

A: would you rather buy a $100 reel for $50
B; buy a $50 dollar reel for $50

they are both new in the box and have a good name behind them
Quantum and Shimano

you get more for your money buying the kvd reel

Wayne

The link says the old kvds are 79.99 not 49. as for the shimano both look nice, but id get one with front drag, theres something about rear drag that pisses me off, oh yea ive had a few break off (one was sometype of shimano dont remeber model but it was a cheap one.)

slim357 said:
The link says the old kvds are 79.99 not 49. as for the shimano both look nice, but id get one with front drag, theres something about rear drag that pisses me off, oh yea ive had a few break off (one was sometype of shimano dont remeber model but it was a cheap one.)
I guess they raised the price. I posted this a while ago.

Latest posts