TruckMechanic 1436 ReBuild Updated 4/21 - Almost Finished..

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
You must be a registered user to be able to read the posts in this forum
WhiteMoose

TruckMechanic 1436 ReBuild Updated 4/18 - BLUEWATER INSTALL

Post by WhiteMoose »

When you have lights down low like that, does it help you see your rod tips hanging over the side of the boat, or do you just use those lights for rigging up and stuff? I'm trying to figure out the best placement for lights by moving my lantern around, and it seems like the best position is to have it hanging up over my head like a streetlight.

Truckmechanic

Post by Truckmechanic »

I don't think they would be much help seeeing rod tips. I was mainly interested in seeing to rig.

fishfast41

Post by fishfast41 »

I found that my anchor light gives enuff light to see for rigging lol, I want the LEDS to see the floor so I can find stuff when I drop it. #-o
Our Lord Jesus saved me and changed my life. He will for you also, just ask Him to.

Truckmechanic

Post by Truckmechanic »

Got all my wiring done and in the "conduit"..trolling motor is mounted and mounting area secured. Front seat is mounted and secured. All that is left to do is mount the rear seat, Clean, clean and clean some more. Install the kill switch and possibly change the trailer guide ons.

CHILLWILLATX

Post by CHILLWILLATX »

I agree it looked good before you tore it apart. I am guessing that's what happiens when you don't cover the boat ...? Great boat to fix up. I like the switch pannel set up. Starting from a shell and re-doing everything sounds like a lot of work, but its not .... it's a WHOLE lot of work. Keep what you can and get out on the water!
In Texas we have a word for Sushi: BAIT.

SWAMP THANG PROJECT
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21&t=13527

Truckmechanic

Post by Truckmechanic »

Thanks for the compliments.

I kept it covered with a tarp but it let water in..I could never find a cover that fit very good and then it sat most of the year last year and I think hurt it the worst.

I think it was harder re-doing some of it because I was saving and reusing what I could so I had to be careful and not damage anything tearing it apart. Hopefully i will be out on the water within the next week or too. I am pretty much done with my mods now. Just have to clean it and get the new tires on the trailer.

CHILLWILLATX

Post by CHILLWILLATX »

I was up till 3am last nigth putting the finishing touches on the duracraft. I was lucky with the fact that the person before did such a bad job that I had to rip everything out- but he didn't do much. He just laid some carpet on "treated" plywood with steel screws- and zipped it in with steel screws. Yah - everything was rusted out to no ends. Note to self treated plywood reacts with certain metals and causes corrosion. Use non treated plywood with and or galvenized screws. Boards were sun dried and the sun tore that carpet apart. I will def try to find a cover. I was thinking about a tarp- .... You think I should by a real cover? they have got john boat covers at academy for 50 bucks.

Did you know its bad luck not to name a boat? .... you got one?
Check out the horrible job that this guy did-
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21&t=13419
In Texas we have a word for Sushi: BAIT.

SWAMP THANG PROJECT
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21&t=13527

SnowmanJon

Post by SnowmanJon »

Looks good man...hit up woodrums...bite is starting to pick up but Mud River is way over fished right now...

JON

Truckmechanic

Post by Truckmechanic »

Thanks for the good words. .. I think I am going to try to go out there Saturday morning before the storms hit.

SnowmanJon

Post by SnowmanJon »

Let me know! Are you thinking about going to woodrums?

Truckmechanic

Post by Truckmechanic »

I think so..Not real sure yet. I am wanting to go to Woodrums but really have to wait and see how I feel once I get off work.