Task-bar problem??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
Last night for no apparent reason, my task-bar moved itself to the top of the screen?? I wasn't even using the computer when this happened. Now I can't get it moved back to the bottom. I unlocked it but it won't move or re-size. I re-booted also.

I have windows Vista on a Toshiba laptop.

Any thoughts??

Make sure the taskbar is unlocked. Then simply click and drag it to one side of the screen, it should move and stop on the side. Then do the same dragging it from the side to the bottom. Just worked for me on my dell.

bAcKpAiN said:
Make sure the taskbar is unlocked. Then simply click and drag it to one side of the screen, it should move and stop on the side. Then do the same dragging it from the side to the bottom. Just worked for me on my dell.

Doesn't work, tried numerous times - it is unlocked! Won't move and won't get larger or smaller either????

Git it - finally. I had to not only unlock the task bar, but I had to undo all the other settings in the properties section - don't know why, but that worked. Got it moved back to the bottom and locked again. :D

For next time... make the setting change (unlock the taskbar), reboot and then try moving the taskbar where you want it and then lock it again.

The reboot should clear the glitch.

DocWatson said:
For next time... make the setting change (unlock the taskbar), reboot and then try moving the taskbar where you want it and then lock it again.

The reboot should clear the glitch.

Thanks Doc :)

I think you have just missing some task bar related file so keep catch from the system 32. Otherwise your PC having a virus so may be this become a problem. so formate your PC with license version anti virus.

jackvinsly said:
I think you have just missing some task bar related file so keep catch from the system 32. Otherwise your PC having a virus so may be this become a problem. so formate your PC with license version anti virus.
I think you are over thinking the problem. This is nothing more than a glitch in the OS. Fishing Cop is absent minded enough that he could have moved the taskbar accidentally and not realized it. :?

To suspect a missing or damaged file for something that occurred while the computer was idle is reaching. #-o

If a virus moved the taskbar, it would surely have done some other mischief or made the system unresponsive to the user. :twisted:

And your advice to "format" the system with a licensed version of an AV program is, at best, not possible, and at worst, dangerous and destructive. [-X

Latest posts