I am getting excited!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perchin

Reaction score
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: For the first time ever I can't wait to get my new phone in the mail!!!!!!!! I pre-ordered the new HTC Android Incredible. I still can't wrap my head around it all, with a 1gig. proccessor, 8 mega pix. camera, kick butt OS, The I-phone is a mere toy in comparison. The demo one I got to play with was faster than my laptop!!!!!! So much more than a phone.............. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I had the I-phone for only a few months....... we moved into the country and didn't get the best of service. I wasn't to impressed with the phone either. It was cool don't get me wrong but pretty slow online, and froze up with the apps a lot. I can't wait to download the new bar-code scanner app. for the new phone. This app allows you to scan a bar code of something in the store, it then checks via GPS your location, and then finds what store has the best price on it in your area.....Technology is the s**t. :mrgreen:

Troutman3000 said:
Did you have an iphone or any apple product?

As far as Apple..... They are a great company and make some awsome macs. My wife has one for her graphic designing. She loves it. Their I-phone is cool just is already obsolete.... running at half the speed of the new droid, if your into smiley faces apps get the I-phone, if your into more usefull apps the droid is the new "IT", of course I'm sure Apple will be freshening up another phone to compete. :)

perchin said:
I had the I-phone for only a few months....... we moved into the country and didn't get the best of service. I wasn't to impressed with the phone either. It was cool don't get me wrong but pretty slow online, and froze up with the apps a lot. I can't wait to download the new bar-code scanner app. for the new phone. This app allows you to scan a bar code of something in the store, it then checks via GPS your location, and then finds what store has the best price on it in your area.....Technology is the s**t. :mrgreen:
Congrats on the phone, haven't checked it out yet, but if you wanted that app on the iphone, I have it, and it's called Red Laser, for $0.99. Works great.

perchin said:
Troutman3000 said:
Did you have an iphone or any apple product?

As far as Apple..... They are a great company and make some awsome macs. My wife has one for her graphic designing. She loves it. Their I-phone is cool just is already obsolete.... running at half the speed of the new droid, if your into smiley faces apps get the I-phone, if your into more usefull apps the droid is the new "IT", of course I'm sure Apple will be freshening up another phone to compete. :)

Well the problem with the iphone was that it was locked to third party apps, but once you "jailbreak" it that all disappears. I have all of he cool apps on mine and none of the problems. I have that same bar code scanner that you do right now. I listen to internet radio and watch unlimited streams of most any movies and tv shows. My favs are the ebay and craigslist apps. I also have an app to run multiple apps all at the same time. I also have an app that allows me the tiether my phone to my computer and use it as a modem. The ease and functionality of the iphone still surpasses those bulky box phones imo. Can u talk on the phone while sending a map to your buddy or surfing the internet? The mapping apps are great too, especially the apps that apple doesnt want you to have.

The service is the only complaint that I have, it aint worth nothing anywhere outside of metropolitan areas. I stay in the good service zone 90% of the time, but when outside of that zone its really crappy service, well for the internet any ways.

To each their own really, everyone will always like what they have more than what someone else has and that will never change.

ummmmmmmmmmmmm.............. was not trying to spark a controversy....lol I take back my slam on the I-phone :roll: ..... I had one and was not impressed, just for clarification the facts show that the android operates at more than twice the speed of the I-phone. As far as illegal things like jailbreaking them, I will also be doing something similar, but its called rooting it with the droids :wink: .......... In the end its how fast you have to be to be satisfied and what kind of service you want. I live in rural MI with a tower with Verizon on it within eyesite of my house. 8)

MeanMouth said:
perchin said:
Congrats on the phone, haven't checked it out yet, but if you wanted that app on the iphone, I have it, and it's called Red Laser, for $0.99. Works great.

I also had that on mine............. Just saying that there is a new one out for the droid and I'm excited to have it again :wink:

perchin said:
ummmmmmmmmmmmm.............. was not trying to spark a controversy....lol I take back my slam on the I-phone :roll: ..... I had one and was not impressed, just for clarification the facts show that the android operates at more than twice the speed of the I-phone. As far as illegal things like jailbreaking them, I will also be doing something similar, but its called rooting it with the droids :wink: .......... In the end its how fast you have to be to be satisfied and what kind of service you want. I live in rural MI with a tower with Verizon on it within eyesite of my house. 8)
:beer:

Is it available to AT&T or just Verizon? Is the OS locked down or do they give you root access? I'd hate to have to cook a ROM to a new phone right out of the box.

I have an Iphone, its pretty good.. It was free. 16gb a friend gave it to me, busted screen, I fixed it.. :) I have noticed its a little slow when loading apps and switching to camera and then to voice recorder. i would like to keep this as a fishing/whatever phone, and use a droid as a business phone. I'm not worried about damaging the iphone, I can fix it. A friend has one broken down all the way and replaced the charge jack, speakers, and LCD ( this one was dropped off a motorcycle and destroyed it, fixed now :) )

perchin said:
MeanMouth said:
perchin said:

I also had that on mine............. Just saying that there is a new one out for the droid and I'm excited to have it again :wink:
I don't blame ya, I'm always excited for new technology too!

cyberflexx said:
Is it available to AT&T or just Verizon? Is the OS locked down or do they give you root access? I'd hate to have to cook a ROM to a new phone right out of the box.

I have an Iphone, its pretty good.. It was free. 16gb a friend gave it to me, busted screen, I fixed it.. :) I have noticed its a little slow when loading apps and switching to camera and then to voice recorder. i would like to keep this as a fishing/whatever phone, and use a droid as a business phone. I'm not worried about damaging the iphone, I can fix it. A friend has one broken down all the way and replaced the charge jack, speakers, and LCD ( this one was dropped off a motorcycle and destroyed it, fixed now :) )

Don't quote me but I believe only verizon right now. I believe you get root access with the new incredible. You should check out this open minded comparison video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj_aREHqWw8
The kicker to the video above is that this guy owns the iphone...lol

When I had the iphone I couldn't do too terribly much multi tasks, with the android you can do a lot more. I also like that with the new incredible you can talk to type text, and it is flash capable.... the iphone is not. I loved my Iphone but laughed at many of the apps... and when we moved I no longer got service. Just checked my tracking info and it should be at home when I get out of work tomorrow 8)

AWESOME!

I'm still with my HTC phones (Fuze/HD1) which does everything I ask of it - but to do that I had to run a cooked rom.

Can I get a phone with all the features I want with a projector on it for watching movies and such? I like to watch tv/movies as I fall asleep, but the screen is so small.

wasilvers said:
AWESOME!

I'm still with my HTC phones (Fuze/HD1) which does everything I ask of it - but to do that I had to run a cooked rom.

Can I get a phone with all the features I want with a projector on it for watching movies and such? I like to watch tv/movies as I fall asleep, but the screen is so small.

Ive seen cell phones with projector built in.. also look on ebay for mini LED projectors.. I think they are about 120 bucks but not sure how you can hook that to a phone, other than Iphone which has a cable kit for video/audio out.

Good question on the projector...... I'm not sure if the Incredible has an audio/video out jack or not??? I can only imagine that the new G4 series of I-phone is going to be mind blowing :D

Well I got er last night.... I've gotta say, I'm impressed. For buisness this thing rocks!!! I've go all my buisness accounts and emails already synced. I've got access to over 25,000 apps for free, and love having 5 home screens to organize it all. Anyways, I don't see a audio out jack for a mini projector..... It is flash capable though. I spent almost as much on the accessories as I did the phone :shock: The case and screen protectors are outrageous!!!

Quick update.... I had to send the phone back for a new one, It fried two batteries :shock: I don't know if it was actually the phone or the charger, but took no chances. To my knowledge I'm the only one who has had this problem..... My new one has been flawless for the last four days. I just wish Verizon's customer service was up to par :roll:

DSCN1813.JPG

My brother has the Droid and it is impressive. He says he's had great coverage (Verizon) on his current cross-country tour (on his big-a$$ Harley Ultra-Glide) :shock: . My wife has an Iphone 3G (not the new 3Gs model), and it will not keep a charge on the battery. Once the contract is up she's going to something else. We have AT&T, and we've had no problem on coverage while traveling. My old Razr V3xx is still going strong, keeps a great charge, and takes good pics, lol. I'm not real big on all the apps thing.

juggernoob said:
Download Fishin' 2 Go Lite, fun free game to play when you can't get out on the water.

yep.... had that one downloaded on day 1 with it. My wife tried it out first and her first fish was a 16.3lb largmouth bass!!!! I've yet to beat that :evil:

Latest posts