Where to mount Transducer?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I woudl not go with the TM mount - it will not always be level

Mount it at the stern - and match out for air pockets and other electronics

I have mine mounted on the trolling motor as well with no trouble
Depending on the type, you have you can buy a puck style transducer that will mount directly to the bottom of you motor and stay level

Wayne

redbug said:
I have mine mounted on the trolling motor as well with no trouble
Depending on the type, you have you can buy a puck style transducer that will mount directly to the bottom of you motor and stay level

Wayne

Exactly what I have! So far so good. Except for the fact that I connected it to a set of wires that were in the front of the boat just laying there unused. Come to find out it was wires to lift and lower the motor from the front. So every time I raise the motor, My fishfinder shuts off. Not a big deal but still #-o

:eek:

Need to re-visit this doing some work on the boat today :) Lunch break currently.

Where is the best place for this and the display?

I've never used one before, so I'm unsure if i'll use it while moving around the lake or up front while trolling and fishing.

How about using a suction cup mount? No holes, movable, simple.

suction_cup.JPG

Mines on TM. First part of boat to go over anything. Figure I want to see where Im going instead of where Ive been. I do miss not being able to roll through a new area and not be able to see the bottom contour. Finder only works if TM is in the water and your not runnin gas power.

sccamper said:
Mines on TM. First part of boat to go over anything. Figure I want to see where Im going instead of where Ive been. I do miss not being able to roll through a new area and not be able to see the bottom contour. Finder only works if TM is in the water and your not runnin gas power.
Why do without you can pick up a transducer fairly cheap and mount in in the rear of your boat and turn the unit around switch the plug and still use the same unit.

Wayne

redbug said:
sccamper said:
Why do without you can pick up a transducer fairly cheap and mount in in the rear of your boat and turn the unit around switch the plug and still use the same unit.

Wayne

Thats not a bad idea redbug, thanks.

I'm currently gluing the transducer mount to the transom. I bought some epoxy that says it can hold 2500 pounds, lol.

We shall find out soon if it works.

Transducer location advantages of a trolling motor mount is that if your vertical fishing (dropshot, spooning, jigging, etc.). You can be very precise and hover directly over "deep water fish" and pick them off. It is really awesome when you have your graph set right and watch your bait go to the bottom and see a fish on the graph take it. You will pick up little sublte contuours quicker on a trolling motor when fishing. I would go with a trolling mounted tranducer on the front. A second tranducer on the back for running a gas motor.

Latest posts