computer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
OK OK I did it again tried to figure something out and I messed things up. I have a download thing for my camera, it has a cord that plugs into the back of my computer, i plug the download thing into the cord and than the card from the camera into the download thing, my daughter bypassed the cord and plugged it in the front of the computer, I tried to download pictures and nothing came up except a little program emblem, i clicked on that and hit disable, it did and now i cant down load anything, how do i enable this port? I hope someone understands and can help.

I'm certainly not a computer guy, but from what I understand, sometimes the USB ports on the front of computers will not always "work" for some things. I've been told by the IT guys at work to use the ports on the rear of the computer. I'm guessing you don't have a slot for SD cards or memory sticks on the computer itself.

I didnt realize I had those ports in front of computer till this happened, I figured out how to get computer back to when I first noticed something was wrong, when i go to download or even use my printer a green check comes up and say "safely remove hardware" I click on that and that says "safely remove USB Mass Storage Device-Drive E" AND the printer says safely remove Hewlett Packard. This safely remove hardware sign never came up until the picture download thing was plugged into the front of computer.

I use the "remove hardware" thingy prior to disconnecting my thumb drive, gps unit, or Zune. I seem to not need to do that for the card from my camera. I did it a couple of times and the next time the window to select what I wanted to do with the card after I had inserted it, was disabled.

So, are your front usb ports still disabled? Anyone out there with any insight to shamoo's problem?

Got the ports working, I think I turned off the ubs mass port. , still cant down load picks, I'm happy with turning ports back on, Yahoo!!!! I'll try to get this thing figured out, I think I used the window wizard to down load, not sure.

shamoo said:
Got the ports working, still cant down load picks, I'm happy with turning ports back on, Yahoo!!!! I'll try to get this thing figured out, I think I used the window wizard to down load, not sure, I'll keep youll informed
Mr. 'moo [-X

Try this... go to Start>All Programs> and locate the software for your camera (probably listed under the manufacture's name) and the particular program there that you used to download your pictures from the camera. Start that program manually and when it's open, check for an Options or Preferences setting in the Tools or File menus to see if you can find the setting to change to auto start the program when you connect the camera.

If you post up the camera/software manufacturer and model # I can try to find your answer online.

Id skip the manufacturers software all together, and see if the camera icon is present in My Computer after you plug it in. * Note on some cameras you have to turn the camera on and switch to the review function on the camera before the computer recognizes them. After this all you gotta do is copy and past your pictures.

Thats the way I do it also.
Click on my computer
find your camera or card
keep on opening the folders till your pictures show up
to see your pictures in little veiws select medium icons
You can either drag or copy paste the pictures in your picture folder

BassAddict said:
Id skip the manufacturers software all together, and see if the camera icon is present in My Computer after you plug it in. * Note on some cameras you have to turn the camera on and switch to the review function on the camera before the computer recognizes them. After this all you gotta do is copy and past your pictures.

This is how I would suggest you do it as well...

Latest posts