Tracker 1542 LW boat covers... WTF?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooseBumper

Reaction score
I recently bought a new 2011 Tracker Topper 1542LW Jon Boat.
One of the first things I wanted to do with the thing (other tan getting it on the water) was to have a cover to protect it.
WORD TO THE WISE!

If you are looking for a boat cover for this boat DO NOT shop IBoats.com. OR buy the Westland product.
I am not saying that they have a bad business or bad products, but they DON'T have this product.

If you go their page and look up the 1542LW you will see it listed and the website tells you they have a "Semi-Custom" cover for it to the tune of $211.00
I bought one and when it arrived it was Wayyyyyy to wide in the ***-end and front. Basically this cover fits like a trash bag.
I called customer service to make sure this was the right cover and she verified it was, however she checked to see if there might be a better fitting cover... Her results was that "This is the only cover for that boat.

I asked her why they list the boat when they know the cover doesn't fit and she had no response.
I told her that they need to remove the 1542LW from the list whereas they don't have one that even comes close let alone having anything even near "Semi-Custom" no BS, I can get a better fit from a blue tarp and may have to do that. WTF?

Does anyone know where there is a decent fitting cover for the 1542LW??
Thanks!
And do not buy a westland/iboats product.. it simply will not fit.

September 1st!!
Still no refund of my money from Iboats!! Funny how they are quick to take your money, but not to keen on giving it back.

Too bad about that. I got my cover (for my Tracker 1542LW) from https://www.boatcoversdirect.com.

It is not custom made for the 1542LW, but if you look in the Jon Boat category you will find one that is sized to fit your boat. It even has a built in motor cover. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1923.JPG
    IMG_1923.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 2,473
i didn't get a tight fitting one, mainly because i thought my seats would raise it up to much to fit. that said, i got a 16' marine raider boat cover with the straps plus some boat cover support thingies.
probably will end up making a pvc frame later on though...

i think i got the size "C" one for this cover, from academy sports:
https://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/marine/boat_covers&start=0&selectedSKU=09+MARINE+RAIDER+GOLD+SERIES+BOAT+COVERS

Latest posts