Painting a reel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan_VA

Reaction score
I have an old Calcutta that could use a new look. I was thinking of trying to paint it, maybe just something simple like solid black. Not sure what kind of paint I would need to use though.

Have any of you painted a reel before? Got any advice?

esquired said:
Bryan - Send it to PC Baits. He painted a reel for someone last summer and it came out great!
Only one problem with sending it to him is they come back to pretty to use

Wayne

I thought I remembered seeing a thread about dampeoples painting a reel somewhere but I couldn't remember for sure. Just might have to do that. Thanks

I wonder if some of that "GOOD" model paint would last long? I know it looks good ,I have used it on other projects and it turned out o.k. Just a thought :) I just don't know if it would last very long.

If you would use a good enamel paint I am sure you would be fine. The best thing to do would be powder coat it if you only want a solid color, then there would be little need for a reel cover. Of course this would be a lot more expensive and require complete disassembly, but it would be worth it in the long run.