New trout rod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim357

Reaction score
Picked up a new rod the other day and final had a little break in the weather for a little fishin. The rod is a quantum teton with quantum
array(ar20f) reel. This is my second teton, i broke my first while transporting, its a 7 fl two piece rod with ul action. The reel has 5.2:1 gear ratio, and 8 bearing system, and of course front drag. Its a trout rod that wont be catchin me too many trout, i plan on using it mostly for crappie, and bass if they hit my crappie grubs.

Attachments

• trout_rod_118.jpg
    trout_rod_118.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 868
I know a few trout holes in your area. You should go try out the new rod on em, they bite real well in winter.

Cook Lake
Accotink Creek
Lake Accotink
Holmes Run
Lake Fairfax

You should probably check the stocking report before you try fishing them. You have to pay to fish Lake Accotink and Lake Fairfax but they stock some monster trout that fight like there's no tomorrow.

www.dgif.state.va.us <--For stocking reports on Cook Lake, Accotink Creek, and Holmes Run. Accotink and Holmes are delayed harvest creeks, meaning you have to release all trout caught until June.

You'd have to check w/the Fairfax County park authority for stocking reports on the other two. tight lines

Lol i was thinkin of almost all of those, except holmes run, other than that I think that Accotink Creek is the only place i would have a real chance at catchin trout. I've fished lake cook since i was a kid and have never seen any trout pulled from there. They got some bass in there tho, even hooked a pickerel.

Latest posts