pitchin/flippin Rod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
I've been agonizing over this for a while now, at the present I use a 6'6" Med.Heavy St. Croix for pitchin/flippin, I was thinking of getting a 7' Diawa Light and Tough Med. Heavy Jig rod for this same purpose. Should I stay with the shorter rod or will I notice a big difference in the distance with the longer one?

Those both sound like great choices. I'm 6'0" and I prefer a 6'6" rod for pitchin. Seems like most people like to use longer rods for pitchin though.

Stay shorter for more accurate presentations.

Try one if you can before you buy it. Allot of people buy the bigger rod and then go right back to the shorter rod because it feels nicer.

I started out wit a 6'10" med for flipping when I was a non boater I found the shorter rod was easier t handle from the back of the boat Now I use the 7'6" and a looking at a 7'11" the extra length comes in handy in heavy grass or thick cover to get the fish out in a hurry

Wayne

redbug said:
Now I use the 7'6" and a looking at a 7'11" the extra length comes in handy in heavy grass or thick cover to get the fish out in a hurry

Wayne

yeah I agree with ya about that. If I'm pitchin in heavy grass like on the Potomac I use a 7'6 flippin stick. Gotta have that extra leverage when you're in the thick stuff. I use a 6'6 for everything else though.

Thanks guys I think I'll borrow my buddies 7 footer and practice with that if I dont like it I'll stay with the 6'6"

Latest posts