2010 Tracker 1436 Build (Results)

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
You must be a registered user to be able to read the posts in this forum
dl1010

Post by dl1010 »

It does. That's with 4 guys from 190 to 235. It moves in the inlet and river good. Anything under 5 HP you don't have to register plus its only 740 dollars. Its also amazing on gas Haha

BassGeek54

Post by BassGeek54 »

I am new here...in fact this is my first post but I wanted to tell you this is a beautiful job. I just got my first boat ever...a Tracker Grizzly 1648 AWL 2010 model. It was actually used but no mods to it and I think I got a pretty good deal. I really like your ideas and the execution was fantastic. Thanks for sharing the pictures and info.

Hooky1420

Post by Hooky1420 »

BassGeek54 wrote:I am new here...in fact this is my first post but I wanted to tell you this is a beautiful job. I just got my first boat ever...a Tracker Grizzly 1648 AWL 2010 model. It was actually used but no mods to it and I think I got a pretty good deal. I really like your ideas and the execution was fantastic. Thanks for sharing the pictures and info.
Thanks for the compliment. I can't say it was all peaches and sugarplums to do, but if you take some extra time doing measurments and get a good vision on what you want to accomplish (and get some help from the guys on this site), the sky is the limits.

I actually wanted a Grizzly, but I had to settle for a 1436 because of upfront costs.

I'm going to be working on getting the wiring and lights on this weekend. I will be sure to update with photos when it is complete.
Rippin' Lips on a daily basis.
My 2010 Tracker 1436 Mod: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21&t=16300

Hooky1420

Post by Hooky1420 »

UPDATE:

Instead of taking the boat out for some action, I decided to install some of the electronics. I installed a 4 function contol panel (SeaSense, $32). PLEASE NOTE: I bought the bass pro brand panel and the switches were busted right out of the box. I read reviews and found a lot of people had the same issue. Buyer beware, do not buy the bass pro brand rocker switch panels. They are cheap, but you get what you pay for...

I also installed two cigarette power outlets for my spotlight, charging cell phone, etc. Installed the rear navigation light fixture, the front nav lights, and clips for the rear nav light when it is stored away.

I've also added photos of the mini-bungee rod holders on the front deck. Now I just have to wire everything up!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My 2010 Tracker 1436 Mod: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21&t=16300

12_Tinner

Post by 12_Tinner »

man, not my style of boat on a honest note but man that thing is a fishing machine. love the last pics of the boar panel, su sweet and organized...i got a 12' deep v aluminum im outboard shopping for....check out Nissan 9.8hp man. you can get them for 1800 approx.....they are worth checking out.

thanks for sharing,

Troutman3000

Post by Troutman3000 »

looks good man.

Hooky1420

Post by Hooky1420 »

12_Tinner wrote:man, not my style of boat on a honest note but man that thing is a fishing machine. love the last pics of the boar panel, su sweet and organized...i got a 12' deep v aluminum im outboard shopping for....check out Nissan 9.8hp man. you can get them for 1800 approx.....they are worth checking out.

thanks for sharing,
Thanks man. I am actually looking for a 9.9 or 15hp 2-stroke. I've talked to a lot of people, and for the money and ease of working on it, a 2-stoke is what I have decided to go with. Now if I can only find the right deal... Best wishes for your search for an outboard as well.

Hooky1420

Post by Hooky1420 »

Troutman3000 wrote:looks good man.
Thanks buddy... You ever get you another boat to work on? That mod you have posted on your 12' was quite impressive. I liked the metal work and the paint job you did.

Thats the thing - I'm happy with the way mine has come out so far, but I honestly am glad I started with a new boat for my first build... The work that some of these members do on here with old, beat up hunks of metal is amazing to me. Not sure I have that kind of skill... I'm in a state of "awe" when I look at the member's finished products after seeing what they started with.

Troutman3000

Post by Troutman3000 »

Hooky1420 wrote:
Troutman3000 wrote:looks good man.
Thanks buddy... You ever get you another boat to work on? That mod you have posted on your 12' was quite impressive. I liked the metal work and the paint job you did.

Thats the thing - I'm happy with the way mine has come out so far, but I honestly am glad I started with a new boat for my first build... The work that some of these members do on here with old, beat up hunks of metal is amazing to me. Not sure I have that kind of skill... I'm in a state of "awe" when I look at the member's finished products after seeing what they started with.

Thanks Man. I got a 14 super v tracker that I am about to redo the decks, carpeting, and reseal the hull.

My boat wasnt too hard, a lot of trail and error. I do have some questions for you.

1. How do you connect that switch panel? I fear that I am going to need to replace my soon and I am not good at electrical at all. Do you have bus bar? Is there one wire that runs of the panel to each negative ans positive terminal on the battery????

Troutman3000

Post by Troutman3000 »

What are the plastic bulbs to the left of the switch panel?

Hooky1420

Post by Hooky1420 »

Troutman3000 wrote:What are the plastic bulbs to the left of the switch panel?
They do look like plastic bulbs, but they are in fact rubberized (water tight) coverings for the push button resets on the fuses for each of the switches. Kind of like resetting a breaker in your home.

Hooky1420

Post by Hooky1420 »

UPDATE:

Was able to wire up the electric over the weekend. The anchor light and front navigation light have power from the switch panel, and i've wired the cigarette power outlets. Everything works fine.

My brother-in-law brought over a 4hp Mariner 2-stroke outboard this weekend that his neighbor was selling for $250, and was letting us "try before we buy". It looked real clean, and compression was good on both cylinders, so we decided to give it a shot. Took the boat out Sunday morning on Lake Ida and the outboard started on the first pull. So far so good. We made it past the wake zone, and opened her up. I have to say, that little 4hp sure pushed the boat, but I definitely want more power from an outboard. It didn't get it up on a plane. Furthermore, after about 4 minutes after opening the engine up, the engine died, and wasn't able to restart. Unfortunately, this all happened before I was able to get a GPS speed reading on it. So there we were, stalled out on the lake. All of a sudden, I smelled smoke, and sure enough the engine was smoking from under the head cover. The old girl was overheated.

Through diagnosing the engine, we figured out that the OB wasn't pumping water, causing it to overheat. So we trolled back to the ramp, took it off and threw it in the truck. We ended up trolling around all morning, and catching some bass. Was a great day for fishing. But now I have a taste for an outboard motor. And so the search continues...

jcb

Post by jcb »

You ever feels like you going to tip over with only 36 wide?I have son that owns 1442 and she feels like it going to tip over with 2 big guys up on her deck.She never tip over yet but she feels like she mite :|
Might have been seen on the Grand,Muskegon and Manistee Rivers fishing smallmouth,largemouth,catfish,steelhead and salmon.

Hooky1420

Post by Hooky1420 »

jcb wrote:You ever feels like you going to tip over with only 36 wide?I have son that owns 1442 and she feels like it going to tip over with 2 big guys up on her deck.She never tip over yet but she feels like she mite :|
I got used to jons when I was growing up. We had a Sears (I think) 1232. We didn't ever have a deck on it, but my brother and I would stand up on the bench seats to fish at the same time. That got pretty hairy at times, but neither one of us ever got dumped. I guess it may be relative to what you are used to. With my 1436, it is much sturdier than that old 1232 I was used to previously, so for me, the stability is a big improvement. I always use caution when i'm walking around, but I've had the boat out by myself and I know where I'm standing and how to adjust. Like I said before, its not like you are walking on something extremely solid, but it is very managable. Since putting on the front deck (which actually made the boat sturdier in my opinion) I haven't once felt like I was going to be thrown in, although there is some give if you are walking on or near the gunwales. On Sunday, I had my brother-in-law up on the front deck and I was standing on the rear bench seat and we were fine.

Keep in mind, I only have adults on my boat, no pets, no small children. I would probably suggest something a little more sturdy should you have either of the two on your boat as they could lose their balance much easier than an adult. And ALWAYS wear a PFD, no matter how sturdy you think the boat is.

Hooky1420

Post by Hooky1420 »

Bugpac (Moderator) has started a thread under Jon and V boat Conversions and Modifications where everyone can post links where they get their mod materials from. This is a great idea. While browsing there, i came across a link for camo kits posted by member "dearl". I decided that I would get a camo kit and paint the boat. The link was to "ReelFoot Camo Kits", and I bought a stencil kit for about $30 with shipping included. Came fast, and I was pretty pleased with the results.

Just started painting the one side before a rainstorm was brewing, so I only got the front part of the boat done. Here is the photos.

I also added a photo of my jon cover so that you could see how I keep her dry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.