Cabelas Rods?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinsMyLife

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes Cabelas's rods for them? I'm considering buying one from them and I'm not sure if they are good rods or not. I want to buy this one Cabeals Mag Touch but there aren't any reviews so I'm just not sure. I want to get a heavy rod for froggin and jiggin and the completely exposed blank looks cool.

well if your going on looks, that one looks awsome. Never had a cabelas rod tho so maybe someone else can let you know if there any good or not.

I have an old mag touch spinning rod It was given to me used It is nice but a bit heavy. I think if you like the look and have handled the rod and like the feel give it a try It looks like they offer a 60 day trial if you don't like it return it

Wayne

I have one of their setups. On the reel and rod, there are small stickers that say Diawa. I guess they make cabelas stuff.

The company that makes rods for Cabela's is irrelevant. Cabela's has some pretty high quality standards and any company that can meet those standards is making a good rod. Companies in the Asian sector would probably have to step their quality up, but it would still be a very attainable level. Many of the US companies would have to maintain their current level of quality or improve upon it.

I've built customs on a number of Cabela's blanks. Their blanks are quite good for the dollar. Light, straight, crisp feeling. Good blanks.

Quality speaking...you won't go wrong with a Cabela's rod.

Whether its the right rod for you and your fishing is a completely different story.

I have 2 fly rod setups from them. They fish great. I have a #5 and #7. I love them....I've had a few other builders rods and these are pretty good. I also beat up on them and they handled everything I throw at them.

-Brian