Getting rid of unused club forums

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I am at a crossroad here and need some input from you guys. I think I should remove "clubs" from the forum if they are not being used. So I am thinking if there is no activity (posts) for 3 months I should just remove it?

Thoughts?

Concur. There are probably some clubs that do not do any tourneys during cold weather and hard water months, but there are some that have no activity and have been in the forum quite awhile.

Maybe we can create a sticky thread in this section with the name of club, area of club, and contact info. That way if a member/reader is interested they can. Get in contact themselves.

I suggest we attempt to attract more clubs - but not necessarily fishing clubs

I guarantee our get togethers would be more interesting!

in_da_club_vol.1.jpg

I am a newbie here, but not a newbie to boating websites. Some years ago I started and ran the original Carolina Skiff Owners group...back when it was on MSN Groups (now defunct).

I know how difficult it can be to please a large group of people.

I fully concur that non-used sections of a site just clutter up the landscape. As a newbie here, the shear number of forum choices can be mind-boggling. I've taken to just clicking on "view new posts" to get a daily overview. Often, I find something of interest to me...in a forum that I NEVER would have clicked on.... on my own.

Sometimes...Less is more..... regards, Rich

Latest posts