Flipping Advice

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassAddict

Reaction score
Me and shinerman are gearing up to hit the good pond tomorrow, and i think im going to add flipping to my arsonal if nothing bites on the t-rigged or wacky rigged sticks. I plan to be flipping some of my brushhogs into some pads with a megaforce on a 6'6" mh bps rod..... Is this setup good for flipping and do u guys got any other advice?

I like my rod to be at least 7ft for flippin, IMO it makes it easier to get back under trees and docks, and brush piles, however if your just goin to be using it to throw the jig you should be fine.

Flippin' sticks are generally 7' at a minimum. 8' is about as long as you'll see.

Line weights between 15 and 30 pounds. Sometimes up to 40.

Lure weights typically up to an ounce. Sometimes up to 2.

While its probly not the prefered setup, it will work just fine.

I plan to be flipping some of my brushhogs into some pads

I wish there were pads around this time of year up north, you are making me very jealous.

jkbirocz said:
While its probly not the prefered setup, it will work just fine.

I plan to be flipping some of my brushhogs into some pads

I wish there were pads around this time of year up north, you are making me very jealous.

im gonna make ya more jealous....... poured these real fast tonight to flip in said pads... Not the best pour but i was in a hurry

Attachments

• 100_0106_122.jpg
    100_0106_122.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 775
Nice work on the chart tails they should be awesome I dip most of my tails in spike it to get that color and am always worried about spilling the dye on my boat..

Wayne

Latest posts