All Star Rods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbirocz

Reaction score
They are nice rods. They have a few different series, the most expensive being over $100. My dad has an old Zell Rowland signature series All-Star that is very nice for the price he got it for.

I have an all star rod that isn't too bad they were sold several years ago to shakespeare and the quality has dropped a bit What model are you looking at I think mine is a 6' med light I could be talked into letting it go cheap

Wayne

The all star rod I have one of the eyes broke through the thread at the bottom seat and a couple of the other eyes the threads starting to come through the clear thread protector, not real happy with the rod.

i am a new owner of an allstar rod. my friend gave me his old pitchin rod. it says allstar classic graphite series. i cant find it anywhere. its not american classic or anything else. i dont know if its great because i havent used it but i cant wait to.

All Star was a Texas based operation. I built on several of their blanks and was very impressed with them. 3 or 4 years ago they were purchased by a big conglomerate that also owns Shakespeare. They discontinued selling blanks to custom builders so I haven't had anything to do with them since. My understanding is that customer service has suffered and that overall quality is down.

A buddy of mine got one that was under 100 and was a nice rod however i think this was before they were bought out. They use to have very nice blanks dont know too much about them anymore.

Latest posts