I took my impeller out yesterday and sharpened it. Good news...it's SS. Bad news...takes longer to sharpen
I used a rasp/file and finished it off with my Dremel and a sandpaper attachment.
I'm taking it out today to see if I did everything right.
Funny thing...I'm glad I took it apart before I ran it again. The impeller had about 3/4" of play on the shaft (not good). I'm sure that contributed to the liner being gouged.
And the foot will need to be replaced...I could only get the grate pin out on one side. The other side is all mashed up from a "hit." I even tried re-drilling the hole, but it appears as though the pin probably got bent when it hit, so it just wouldn't budge. The whole side is kind of crushed.
I've been toying with the idea of taking it apart again and smoothing out the entire impeller and liner with fine grit sandpaper. It might happen, it might not. I still have to install the new trolling motor and run the wiring for my bow mounted fish finder.
With fishing season around the corner, tinkering with the boat might have to take a backseat.
The good news: since it's early Spring, I don't need to be on the water at 6AM...I can tinker on the boat in the morning and arrive on the water before noon.