Shimano Metanium MG DC

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I know we talked about the Antares DC, but how about the DC technology in an MG weight reel. The best of both worlds, DC technology in a reel that weighs 6.9 ounces. A match made in heaven on a Gloomis custom stick? I bet it would be.

Metanium MG DC

Ok, How do I get one of these without the better half finding out?

Shimano_MetaniumMgDC1.JPG

Just buy it and scratch off the DC on the name plates, that will knock the price down a little. I don't know about your wife, but my gf reads the basspro and cabelas catalog, so she knows what everything costs....and if not she will look it up on the internet. Luckily she likes to fish, and of course we aren't married so she has no say in what I spend money one :D Unfortunately I won't be buying one of those for a while. Good luck getting one.

Mr. Jim, tell the wife the DC is you initials but they got the last name wrong :wink:

jkbirocz said:
Just buy it and scratch off the DC on the name plates, that will knock the price down a little. I don't know about your wife, but my gf reads the basspro and cabelas catalog, so she knows what everything costs....and if not she will look it up on the internet. Luckily she likes to fish, and of course we aren't married so she has no say in what I spend money one :D Unfortunately I won't be buying one of those for a while. Good luck getting one.

I wont be getting one.....I wish, but no.

Holy cow what a reel!

Those "economic stimulus" checks should be coming in a couple months...maybe that could be your excuse for getting one Jim. You'd just be doing your part to help your country if you bought it. Frankly I think it would be unfair to all of America if you didn't buy one.

I'd love to get a Metanium MG DC too but the only way I could afford that reel is if Shimano starts accepting souls as payment.

Bryan_VA said:
Holy cow what a reel!

Those "economic stimulus" checks should be coming in a couple months...maybe that could be your excuse for getting one Jim. You'd just be doing your part to help your country if you bought it. Frankly I think it would be unfair to all of us if you didn't buy one.

I'd love to get a Metanium MG DC too but the only way I could afford that reel is if Shimano starts accepting souls as payment.

I forgot about that check :shock:

Bryan_VA said:
Holy cow what a reel!

Those "economic stimulus" checks should be coming in a couple months...maybe that could be your excuse for getting one Jim. You'd just be doing your part to help your country if you bought it. Frankly I think it would be unfair to all of us if you didn't buy one.

LOL, a whole new meaning to "stimulus package" :lol:

I have 2 ideas... that can get you that reel..
the fist may get a bit nasty and requires some thought and no remorse..
I'll get back to that one later.
you could say you are giving it away to the angler of the year.. I'm sure she would be okay with that. so when you are placingthe order just place a 2 in the add to cart section.. and keep one.

OR :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
drive to new york city wait out side a bar and roll a few drunks to get the money wear gloves don't sweat and never go back to new york again

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

redbug said:
I have 2 ideas... that can get you that reel..
the fist may get a bit nasty and requires some thought and no remorse..
I'll get back to that one later.
you could say you are giving it away to the angler of the year.. I'm sure she would be okay with that. so when you are placingthe order just place a 2 in the add to cart section.. and keep one.

OR :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
drive to new york city wait out side a bar and roll a few drunks to get the money wear gloves don't sweat and never go back to new york again

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Or just take it out of the kids college fund! :shock:

That would work too but there is nothing sinister about that, and I would not feel right accepting the reel as the angler of the year knowing it came out of your kids college fund

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wayne

redbug said:
That would work too but there is nothing sinister about that, and I would not feel right accepting the reel as the angler of the year knowing it came out of your kids college fund

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wayne

When membership reaches 1000. This will be the reel for AOY! 8)