Drag Racing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codeman

Reaction score
Been holed up in the house way too long this winter. Well our local dragstrip opened Saturday. I spent last week getting my buggy dusted off and in track worthy shape. I don't just like to shoot the races but make a few passes myself.

small.jpg

Nice.

They don't run buggies on the asphalt around here but they do (or maybe did, now) have a dirt strip that they drag on. There were some fairly impressive blown stuff with paddle tires that ran there, too.

bulldog said:
I have always wanted a car or truck that can do wheelies!! That's awesome.

It's not all that quick all things considered, but I had a low 8 second Capri for several years and it wasn't as much fun as this high 9 second ride. Something about being out in the open and the way it jerks the wheels when you let the clutch out at 5000 RPM. LOL

Very nice. 1/4 or 1/8 mile? Tell us about the motor. There used to be a guy here with a bug that ran high 9s on the bottle.

Very cool. I need one of those to drive to work. Better fuel mileage than my truck.

Codeman said:
Yep time to put plates back on it. Made 24 passes the other day and only used 3 gallons of gas. LOL

Uhhhh.. that's only 2 mpg (counting the return trip to the pits).

:lol: :lol:

Quackrstackr said:
Codeman said:
Yep time to put plates back on it. Made 24 passes the other day and only used 3 gallons of gas. LOL

Uhhhh.. that's only 2 mpg (counting the return trip to the pits).

:lol: :lol:

LOL Yeah but in anything else it would have been several more gallons. Been there done that. Actually does quite well on gas on the street.

I have a 91 mazda RX7 that runs 9.32 @153.74 and its a street/strip car Runs on e85 34psi of boost it is sweet blowing pass guys in there $100,000 cars lol sweeeettt gotta luv it

Ive got a 02 mustang convertible with a p1 procharger and gears thats been a best of 12.72 @ 114 on street tires. Love racing a fooling with it.

Latest posts