Pan Fried Salmon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Ingredients
- 6 fresh salmon fillets (6–8 oz each)
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ cup corn oil
- 2 large lemons, peeled with pith and seeds removed, pulp cut into tiny pieces
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp fresh Parsley, minced

Instructions
- Arrange salmon in a shallow pan and cover with milk for 15 minutes. Drain, but do not dry fish. Discard milk.

- Combine next three ingredients in a shallow dish. Dredge fish through cornmeal mixture to coat. Leave fish in dish, cover with wax paper and place in refrigerator for 10–15 minutes to dry.

- Heat oil in heavy non-stick skillet over medium heat. Sauté fish for 4 minutes over medium heat until golden brown on the bottom. Carefully turn pieces over and cook for 3–4 more minutes until brown.

- Transfer fish to a plate and keep warm

- Discard oil and wipe skillet with paper towels

- Cook lemon and butter 2–3 minutes, stir until butter is melted and golden brown. Serve lemon butter over fish and sprinkle with parsley.

I completely removed all trace of skin from the lemon segments and feel the skin would have been detrimental to the overall presentation. I soaked the fillets in a measuring cup as I only made 2 servings and used just enuff milk to cover the fish. Also I didn’t have corn oil but used vegetable oil in its place and it was great. The wife and I agree that just some squeezed lemon would be better than the Lemon/butter.

Tonite I made a wine/blackberry reduction to serve over it and I really liked it. I just used 1/2 cup Lambrusco (high sugar content) and 3 tablespoons of blackberry jam and simmered it until there was about a 1/4 cup left.

Latest posts