bowfishing boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish2keel

Reaction score
hey guys,

I have a 1648 grizzly welded boat and want to set it up to bow fish. I do not want to make the bow fishing permanent since I also crappie and cat fish out of this boat.

I went bow fishing for the first time last night on a 17 g3 and I fell in love with the sport! I even got the girlfriend to go even though she didn't want to and she hogged the bow all night!

My question do you guys have pictures of your rigs? Im trying to figure out how to set up a pvc rig up front with about 4 lights. The captain last night had them set up with bunges so they could be picked up to go fishing. I love this but I couldnt get any pictures of his rig.

I do not want an high deck since the boat already has a deck but I was thinking of extended my boat so I can have more room to shoot off of. What do yall think?

Thanks so much guys for your help and any advice you have would be awesome!

Thanks

f2k

Hey fish2keel, I'm new to the site and I think you may have commented on my bowfishing boat I'm building in the jon mod forum. Anyway I would'nt suggest trying to extend your platform outside the boat, in my opinion thats trouble. You could build a good size deck on your boat without doing that. Thats just me though. Good luck to you.

spoiler,

yeah im following your boat build with every post! Your boat lookings amazing!

Yeah its not going to extend over the boat i ment i have a deck on the boat since its a tracker grizzly and so I was going to make the deck extended more into the boat itself. Just add to the excisting deck. Does that make sense?

You might find something like you are looking for here: https://bow.fishingcountry.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?12-Bowfishing-Boats

Heres pictures of the boat as it sits at the moment....

Im still not sure if i want to try to sell it and go bigger or not...its only me and my girlfriend fishing off of it and thats all and mostly just me actually

Anyway here you guys go...

Im thinking of having a box made for the deck so it extends and then i can put rope, gun, bow, fishing gear, etc

Attachments

• grizzly.jpg
    grizzly.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 4,313
  • grizzly2.jpg
    grizzly2.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 4,313
  • grizzly3.jpg
    grizzly3.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 4,313
  • grizzly4.jpg
    grizzly4.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 4,313
fish2keel said:
spoiler,

yeah im following your boat build with every post! Your boat lookings amazing!

Yeah its not going to extend over the boat i ment i have a deck on the boat since its a tracker grizzly and so I was going to make the deck extended more into the boat itself. Just add to the excisting deck. Does that make sense?
I think, maybe, kinda, sorta. Lol. If your talking storage i just posting a bunch of pics. I have alot of ideas for removable light rails, if your interested in them just let me know what your thinking.

spoiler im just looking for removeable rails not really a deck I guess. I want to build or have a box built on my deck so that is is extended more to give me more room to stand and to put gear

doesn't that have the versa trac system? i'd try to design something using that. I just set up a 1654 FB grizzley for fishing and used that to mount almost everything. not one hole drilled in the boat. had to buy one heck of a pile of SS carriage bolts though. I also want to extend the front deck, but the way I want to do it I don't think I'll be using the trac system, since it will be lower in the boat. maby you could extend the deck, with the box, and use the versa trac for removable rails. just a thought!

Latest posts