Wave cast reels

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asinz

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with these reels? Thinking about ordering one but wanted to check here first. They got best of the best in the latest Field and Stream issue.

https://www.wavecast-reel.com/specs.html

Interesting to read other reviews, must say F&S liked it more than tackletour.com. I still may consider it probably don't really need another one though.

After F&S's somewhat questionalble top 50 lures article, I'd be slightly hesitant on this reel.

Man, I'm downer debbie today. I'm loggin off! LOL

I wouldn't stray from Shimano or maybe Penn for spinning reels. I'm not sure if these have been out for long enough to tell of they will last as long as some other reels. The way you can take off line is nice but I don't re spool enough for that to be a selling point.

Pont said:
After F&S's somewhat questionalble top 50 lures article, I'd be slightly hesitant on this reel.

Man, I'm downer debbie today. I'm loggin off! LOL
I thought their top 50 lures was on the money, well at least in my book.. Mepps was the best lure out there and rapala was always in the top 5, which I would have to agree with them. When nothing is working I always tie on a mepps or rapala.. I was in NH and caught over 57 SM bass on a number 3 mepps in three days, and the biggest bass taken in my boat weight 7.2 pounds caught on a shad rap..
X