The Great UV Debate: Is It Hype or Substance?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acuna

Reaction score
Ok, there is a lot of speculation out there about whether it is better to ad UV brighteners to soft plastics. Truthfully, I don't know if it works or not. And no we aren't changing up ANYTHING on our existing color line up, after all- if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

So here is the deal, we have two new colors coming out later this summer: Chartreuse Pepper and Watermelonseed.

On the Watermelonseed, we are having two test batches made before we place our inventory order. One with UV and the other without. We want to send sample packs out to anglers with a few Dinerosboth with and without the UV brighteners in them. We won't tell you which worms have UV and which don't and will use a simple 1 or 2 on the bags to help you keep them straight. Fish with both variations and let us know if one outproduces the other. Once we get all the results in we will make a decision to add or not add UV to our Watermelonseed. If we add the UV brightener we'll probably call it Nuclear Watermelonseed or something like that.... maybe we'll do two versions. Just have to see what happens when we test the baits out.

Figured we'd let the fish tell us what they want. Details on how to get some of these sample packs will follow later on in this thread, but wanted to give you the heads up that some more freebies from Get Five are coming!

Feel free to email [email protected] with any questions in the meantime.

Hopefully people will have fun participating in this experiment.

Thanks and Be Great On and Off the Water!

I'm assuming the uv brightener is supposed to make the lure look brighter to the fish? I've never heard of this before but thats not saying much. What about cloudy water? How far down is the uv supposed to penetrate the surface?

Very cool thing your doing here. If any TinBoats member gets chosen for this, I would like a good review so we can write an article for the homepage please.

Jim

Very cool!!! Would like to be chosen to try these out. I would definitely give a detailed review of them. Especially since I fish on average about 3 times a week.

Id be happy to test them, I fish on average 5 times per week. whether its 7:30 at the bank, or in the boat on the weekends, Oddly enough my best the last 3 weeks has came from the bank. I fish almost 90% of the time plastics with senco type baits, i may tie on a trick or roboworm if i feel the need.

I'd be interested in testing them for you also. Just waiting for you to post up the detail as you stated above.

I'd love to find out too the lakes me are sometimes so dark I could see something like that being helpful.

If anyone needs them tested in NJ I'm in ha.

Awesome stuff guys and thanks for your patience. We've been slammed with orders and are still getting the UV test packs together. We are sending some up to the tourney wasilvers is hosting later this month (in case you needed a reason to go). We'll do a give away here too.

Tight lines!
Andrew

In the mail today was a package from LBF with my latest order. We're going to catch some fish this weekend for sure now. Hopefully, win the tournament!

Latest posts