New Shimano Symetre on the way for me

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim said:
I think Esquired just ordered the same reel! Looks like a nice reel! good luck!

I did - he is a copy cat

BTW Leibs16 has the same reel as well, he cannot figure it out though :lol:

Just GOT IT! 3rd cast ever and caught a nice LM on her.

Nice reel, im looking at getting a spirex when i buy a new setup. I got to play with one at the boat show last saturday and would of bought one then, but it was only a display booth and they did not have any for sale.

91240.jpg

Nice! I've got a Sedona, which I think is the next step down from that, and I really like it. Bought it last summer and still works fine, No complaints so far.

Bubba said:
Nice! I've got a Sedona, which I think is the next step down from that, and I really like it. Bought it last summer and still works fine, No complaints so far.

I am replacing a Sedona with the Symetre. I like the Sedona but I wore mine out. I have replaced just about everything that you can replace, but now the handle has a slight wobble - so it is going into the reserve pile!

BTW - the Sedona works great with braided line - very rare to get and overrun. Some of my more expensive spinning reels constantly slough off line it you do not pay attention :cry:

Mr. Fishin NJ, Symetre a good reel, balances well with a 6'10" Cumara, excellent reel for the money.

Mr. BassAddict, Dude this is just my opinion, but I had a bunch of Spirexs including the rear drag and had bunches of trouble with them mainly with spool woble after a period of heavy use, I would save a little more and bump it up a notch or two(Sahara or Symetre). I just had bad luck with that reel.

shamoo said:
Mr. Fishin NJ, Symetre a good reel, balances well with a 6'10" Cumara, excellent reel for the money.

Mr. BassAddict, Dude this is just my opinion, but I had a bunch of Spirexs including the rear drag and had bunches of trouble with them mainly with spool woble after a period of heavy use, I would save a little more and bump it up a notch or two(Sahara or Symetre). I just had bad luck with that reel.

Thanks for the input shamoo, but i dont plan on using it a lot so heavy use is not an issue. I do however want to add a cheap(er) triggered spinning reel to my collection for hard to reach areas and for lighter lures. So if yas have any other suggestions post em up for me please

BassAddict said:
shamoo said:

Thanks for the input shamoo, but i dont plan on using it a lot so heavy use is not an issue. I do however want to add a cheap(er) triggered spinning reel to my collection for hard to reach areas and for lighter lures. So if yas have any other suggestions post em up for me please

Quantum Hypercast. I had one and loved it. I gave it away in a moment of weakness.

https://www.quantumfishing.com/fwreels/hypercast_spinning.html

Fishin NJ said:
Esquired got his yesterday as well, This is after I showed it to him a few weeks ago. :wink: :lol:

I think he wants to challenge for the pickerel title or something. LOL. Either way, Well both have a nice reel for the upcoming seasons, hopefully!

My reel will be far uglier then FishinNJ, I tend to treat reels rather roughly, scratches, rips tears and blood.

Fishin NJ said:
Hay dragging them around your stone drive way to make them look used and abused ain't gonna do it, lol. :D

No FNJ - I will be fishing with them, not just sitting at home wishing I was fishing

Fishin NJ said:
Bass Addict, I don't understand what you mean as far as helping in tight spaces? Having a trigger is going to do nothing that using your finger could not do. You still need the space to under cast or cast in general. Please explain?

I mean as far as casting under overhanging tree branches and skipping baits, i hear its easier on a spinning setup than on a baitcaster.

Edit Oh the trigger has nothing to do with it, its just my preference

Bass Addict,
I have had two Spirex in the past and have liked them but would agree you should drop the 20 extra bucks and get the Symmetre. Much better!

Latest posts