Old motor from an old phart

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomowork

Reaction score
See my thread, "Another rookie"...........

I'm offering up my 1973 Johnson 20 hp, manual and electric start outboard. It has a tiller control and can be adapted to remote steering. It starts and runs, idles rough (plugs look new) and dies occasionally using the pull start. The electric start harness was corroded beyond recognition so didn't know which wires went where.

I even have the throttle and shifter console which still works but the steering cable was hopelessly corroded so that went to the junk pile. Also being offered is the aluminum side console which I took out and a steel gas can with the Evinrude/Johnson fuel line adapter built on the tank. The outside of the tank is kind of old looking, but the inside looks brand new!

The best part is that all of this is free but you do have to come by and pick it up in Southern California. I'm heading for the Sierras next week so I may miss any notifications until I return.

I could try to sell these things, but maybe someone has a need for it but please don't be greedy and resell them. I'm giving them away because I bought a brand new Honda four stroke. I'm getting too old to have too many projects. I still have another motor to work on.

Update:

Well, no takers and I really wanted to move it out of my GF's patio so I placed an ad on Craig's List this morning. It sold within 2 hours and got many more calls through out the day. Of course I sold it dirt cheap and even delivered it to the next city over the hill. Apparently it is headed to Las Vegas!

Only thing left is the side console.

Latest posts