RC boats-cars

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Express

Reaction score
P1020294.jpg

Another rc'er here as well. Love your hpi. I have a couple trucks ( rc10gt, Hpi Savage and a tamiya electric just for fun) also have 2 planes but not much success with them yet.
As a Side note anyone looking to get in rc they have come a long way in 10 years, the new nitro rc cars are super easy and very reliable.

Nice looking boats and cars you have there. I started out in the R/C world in 76. Mostly with airplanes of various sizes with a little venture into boats, cars, and 1 motorcycle. My most recent endeavor has been into helicopters. I've been learning to fly them for just over 2 years now. I don't intend to try some of the more aggressive 3D flight that you see on youtube etc. I'm limiting myself and my abilities to doing acrobatic sport flying with flips, rolls, etc. I'm currently working on learning inverted flight/hovering. Here is my latest model.

DSC00058.jpg

Flying RC is something I was never brave enough to try. :shock:

4-06-09142.jpg

My boy and I got into the moster trucks for some father son time. Made lots of videos. I ended up building an RC playground for the local RC'ers,including a offroad track,sand drags,and a Dirt Oval for fun. I found a video of the monster trucks on the sand dragstrip. There's some in car cam footage.

We started researching and learning that dirt oval is huge in RC. Started holding a few races,and after 1 yr we hosted a national event. Drivers from 6 states attended this event. These boys were serious! My boy and another local made the main event. Here's a video I put together from the footage I gathered. It took the out of towners a few heats to learn the special dirt I used,but things got fast by the end.

Dirt Oval Video

We made our own EDM (eastern dirt modified) bodies on an RC10 chassis. Lots of downforce built in. Modified the suspensions with adjustable homemade shock towers,different shocks,shock oil weight,spring rates,gear ratios,etc. Highly tunable like the big boys.

DCAM0005.jpg

EDM.jpg

Those cars are awesome! I come from a dirt mod background, and a lot of the guys do these in there off time!

Jeff (00 mod)
taylorcp.jpg

TX2.jpg

TX1.jpg

Car-1.jpg

Latest posts