Which way to wire it?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I'm gonna place an order with Blue Water LED for the 25 piece LED string. Mike says it is close to 12' long. My plan is to mount it UNDER the trailer frame starting from behind one wheel and going back to the last cross frame member and fwd to the other wheel. These are white LED's and I am planning on using them for backing up in the dark. My two options are wiring it to the backup light circuit so they light up when I put the truck in reverse, or... wiring them to the tail light circuit and installing a switch on the tongue so I can turn them on and off and that way they will be able to be on without having the truck in reverse. Like when the trailer is in the water on the ramp and I am trying to load the boat. Watcha think?

If you wired it to the tail lights with the switch ,you would have the option of off or on at anytime. Might cause a glair when backing? Also might be good to have the lights for road side emergancy on the way home in the dark.

I'm leaning towards that way for those reasons as well as connecting it to the backup lights would require a 7 to 5 pin connector and new 5 pin plug for the trailer.

Latest posts