Watts Bar Lake 8/11/11

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadmeat

Reaction score
No pics, just a report. I missed the entire month of May here in Tennessee which is when the carp and gar spawn. I wound up going out of town on back-to-back trips and didn't wet an arrow. Yesterday I went out on Watts Bar Lake and wound up with 15 gar, 5 buffalo, and one carp. None of them were as big as the ones I usually see during the spawn but it was fun nevertheless. The gar were lying under overhanging trees and behind floating debris and the buffalo and carp were in shallow water close to muddy banks.

Same story here. I got to get out in the beginning of spring a couple times but left town for summer. Just got back and did some shooting the other day. I fish a creek that feeds to the Missouri River and the carp liked to hang out under low branches that were above the water. Gar seemed to be everywhere but not in schools. the water is going back down so its harder to find low hanging branches now.

Latest posts