I LOVE FISHING

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingshooter1002

Reaction score
sorry guys, no pics but, this weekend i went camping at bagby and caught only one fish the whole weekend. tried fly fishing first day, dud, nothing, i think its cause i am not good at it, but today, i was working a watermelon/black flake yamamoto twin tail 3" grub on a 1/16 jig head and wham! not a big fish by any means, but indeed quite special to me. it was my first smallie of my life.

Congratulations =D> \:D/ !!! Keep up the good work and keep practicing the fly fishing.

fishnfever

unfortunatley, though productive the color may be, that setup is high risk for hangups in the water i was fishing. the nature of that rig is to bounce off the bottom and glide down. well there was alot of wood on the bottom therefore i went through all of my jigheads. i had more back at camp but that was a 3 mile hike back and we were going to leave at 1230. it was already 1100. so i had to improvise. i tied on a hook, threaded the grub and pinched a splitshot at the head of the jig. i didnt have anymore hits on it. dont know if the fake jighead had anything to do with it.

Latest posts